Thanksgiving desserts are a necessary part of the holiday. After everyone fills up on turkey, they’ll be looking for something sweet to wash it down. These easy Thanksgiving dessert recipes and ideas will save the day!
Thanksgiving desserts are just as important as the main feast. Sure, everyone will be absolutely FULL after eating turkey, potatoes, and all the cheesy side dishes, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be room for something sweet.
You need the pies, the cookies, the cobblers, and all the delicious treats for people to choose from. Chocolate desserts, desserts for a crowd, unique desserts, and all the best Thanksgiving desserts that are sure to impress your guests.
These easy Thanksgiving dessert ideas are perfect for the big day. Don’t skimp on the sweets! I like having a few pies to choose from, plus a couple of other desserts for anyone that doesn’t like pie (who are those people? I’m not sure).
Make these desserts ahead of time so you can focus on cooking dinner the day of, and the desserts will just feel like they were sent straight from heaven to make your life easier (and more delicious).
Once you’ve got your Thanksgiving menu sorted, make sure you get these easy Thanksgiving desserts ready too!
Essential Kitchen Tools
Essential Ingredients List
- Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Puree
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Heavy Cream
Best Desserts for Thanksgiving
I’ve put together a HUGE list of thanksgiving desserts below, so you’re sure to find the right recipes for you and your family. But I want to highlight my absolute favorites; the best of the best for the holiday!
- Best Chocolate Dessert: I have to go with the classic Chocolate Cream Pie on this one.
- Cutest Thanksgiving Dessert: I don’t know about you, but I think these Apple Dumplings are the cutest!
- Best Dessert for a Crowd: Sheet Pan Apple Crisp is easy to make and feeds lots of people!
- Mini Thanksgiving Desserts: These Mini Apple Pie Taco Boats are perfect.
- Most Unique Dessert: Our Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna is a unique way to get that delicious pumpkin flavor after dinner.
- Light & Healthy Dessert: These Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits taste like pumpkin pie, but they’re just a little but healthier (made with yogurt, granola, and pumpkin).
- Thanksgiving Dessert Most Likely to Impress: Nothing will impress guests like the perfect Pumpkin Pie (complete with a homemade pie crust).
Easy Thanksgiving Desserts Ideas
See the full list of our favorite pies for Thanksgiving right here!
Cookies for Thanksgiving
Cookies are an easy thing to make ahead of time, and they’re perfect for anyone that might prefer something a bit smaller after dinner.
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Twix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate French Silk Pie Cookies
- Soft Salted Caramel Cookies
- Brown Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Crisps & Tarts & Cobblers
Crisps and cobblers are the perfect fall dessert, so they fit in perfectly on the Thanksgiving dessert table!
- Sheet Pan Apple Crisp
- Peach Cobbler
- Apple Blackberry Crisp
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Almond Pear Tart
You can never go wrong with a beautiful cake. Our No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is a great fall dessert, and everyone will LOVE our Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake.
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Hummingbird Cake Recipe
- Velvet Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- Skillet Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Loaf Cake
- Turtle Cake Recipe
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chunky Apple Bundt Cake
- Macadamia Caramel Cheesecake
Bars and Brownies
These desserts are another super easy option that can be made the day before Thanksgiving for a simple and delicious dessert!
- Homemade Brownies from Scratch
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Caramel Macadamia Nut Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Carrot Cake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Caramel Cream Cheese Brownies
- Snickers Cookies Bars
- Lemon Squares
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Unique Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
We’ve got ALL the best Thanksgiving dessert ideas you could ever dream of. It doesn’t stop after pies, cookies, and cakes. Make muffins, fried apples, mousse, or bread pudding for a fun dessert.
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna
- Easy Apple Dumplings
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread with Apple Cider Sauce
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Apple Cranberry Baked Brie Bites
- Fantasy Fudge Recipe
- Fried Apples
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Frosted Pecan Pie Muffins
- Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 Ingredient Fudge
- Deep Fried Brownie Bites
- Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Bars
- Chocolate Pot de Creme
- Classic Watergate Salad
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Irish Bread Pudding with Whiskey
- Caramel Apple Pie Bread Pudding
- Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
These little extras are great homemade recipes to take your desserts up a notch. Make your own pie crust, whipped cream, and more to finish off those tasty desserts.
- Homemade Pie Crust
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce
More Thanksgiving Recipes
Be sure to check out these other guides for more Thanksgiving and dessert ideas:
- More Pumpkin Recipes to try this fall.
- These Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for holidays.
- ALL of our best Thanksgiving Pies in one place.
- Lots of Thanksgiving Side Dishes to choose from.
- Ever wondered what the Top 10 Thanksgiving Sides are?