Peppermint Brownies are a MUST MAKE recipe for Christmas! Holiday baking has never been so easy or delicious. These Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect Christmas brownies, but I make them year round. They’re amazingly delicious!
Peppermint Brownies are the perfect festive treat for Christmas. I can’t get enough of these easy Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies, no matter what time of year it is!
For those of you that have been around for the ride since the beginning of The Cookie Rookie, you know that I have come a long way. I don’t claim to be a master chef by any means, but when I started out I could barely boil water. Even though I feel like I’ve learned so much over these 3 years, I still don’t feel totally comfortable with baking. You bakers out there, I RESPECT YOU! It’s a different ball-game and I recognize that.
That being said, I CONQUERED these Peppermint Brownies and they are so delicious. It was hard to not eat them all before Pat got home. The struggle is real! Now they’re one of my favorite Christmas dessert recipes.
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas brownies, look no further! These Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are exactly what you need!
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
I had a bit of inspiration for these Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies. I adapted this delicious recipe from the ridiculously amazing site, Chocolate Chocolate and More. If you’re looking for a baking recipe, that is the site to check first. Joan’s Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars were calling my name and I knew I had to give them a try! I’m pretty proud with what I came up with. The perfect Christmas dessert recipe!
Peppermint Brownies are the Best Christmas Brownies
In all my years, I’ve never seen such a perfect Christmas brownies recipe! I mean, Peppermint Brownies were made for the festive season, and I’m so excited to serve these on the big day. The mix of mint and chocolate is just so good!
These Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are also delicious year round. You could substitute so many different flavors for the cheesecake layer, making this a must make for every occasion. I would love to hear your creative adaptations!
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
These Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are so much easier than you think. Remember who you’re dealing with here: if I’m sharing them, it’s because they’re easy! If you REALLY want to make them simple, you could also use a boxed brownie mix instead of making the brownie layer from scratch. Whatever works for you! We’ll be using a 9×13 baking dish for this recipe (lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray).
Here’s a quick overview of how to make Peppermint Brownies:
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the egg mixture and the flour mixture, then stir in the peppermint chips.
- Pour peppermint brownie batter into baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
Cheesecake Layer (make this while brownies are baking)
- Use a stand up mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in sour cream, lemon juice, peppermint extract, and sugar, and beat until combined.
- While mixer is still on, add eggs in one at a time.
- Then stir in peppermint baking chips (or crushed candy canes).
- Once brownies have baked for 20 minutes, spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie layer, and top with a layer of peppermint baking chips.
- Return peppermint brownies to the oven and bake another 30-35 minutes.
- Let them cool completely after cooking, and then place them in the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours before serving.
Serving the peppermint cheesecake brownies cold really adds to that cooling effect from the peppermint, which make them extra delicious. Mint chocolate everything just tastes better chilled! Check the recipe card for full detailed instructions!
Do you need to refrigerate cheesecake brownies?
Yes, you should keep these in the refrigerator both before and after serving. Let them sit in there until you serve to get that chilled effect. You should also store leftovers in there since these are half cheesecake.
Finally, the ultimate Christmas Brownies! I love these Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies so much, and I just know you guys will too. So get to baking and enjoy your Christmas!
Watch the Video and See the recipe card for How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies. Enjoy!
If you like these peppermint brownies, try these other Christmas dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- French Silk Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Spritz Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Mint Fudge
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies with Rum Glaze
- Snowball Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding