SLOW COOKER ROTEL DIP CHICKEN SANDWICHES are the ultimate way to tailgate for the Super Bowl! Spicy Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches made in the crockpot. SO MUCH FLAVOR! So addicting.
I’m SO DANG EXCITED about these SLOW COOKER ROTEL DIP CHICKEN SANDWICHES! It’s an idea that popped into my head one day when I was dreaming about cheese (that’s very typical for me), which led me to think about how much I love Rotel Dip (Rotel melted together with Velveeta), which led me to think about HOW CAN I EAT THIS AS AN ENTIRE MEAL, which led me to this. These Rotel Dip Chicken Sandwiches are made in a crockpot, incredibly easy, and are sure to be a family favorite. They’re perfect for every day meals, but also perfect for holiday parties or THE SUPER BOWL! It will be here before we know it and we better be ready! I plan to have both cheese dip and these sandwiches. Can you blame me?
These sandwiches are everything that you already love about classic rotel dip. Super cheesy, creamy, and just the right amount of spice. Those flavors lend themselves so perfectly to chicken. To say these sandwiches are crave-worthy are an understatement. And anything made in a slow cooker is an automatic step up in my opinion. I mean just look at all that cheese!
The extra cheese on the top was an add-on and totally optional…but you guys know how I feel about cheese. The more the better. I just can’t say no.
I hope these Slow Cooker Rotel Dip Chicken Sandwiches grace your table for the Super Bowl but also any other occasion for an easy meal around your home. For us that is ALL THE TIME. Enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 5 Total Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 lbs (4 pieces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks (16 ounces total) low fat cream cheese
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- Hamburger buns
- lettuce, onion, and more velveeta for garnish (optional)
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add in the chicken, cream cheese, velveeta, and Rotel tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Stir ingredients occasionally while cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove just the chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker with the sauce and stir to fully coat/combine.
- Place the slow cooker on warm until ready to assemble your sandwiches.
- NOTE: If using more velveeta as garnish, I've found the best way to heat it up is 2 ounces at a time with 2 tablespoons milk, heated in the microwave one minute at a time until fully melted and creamy.
- Assemble your sandwiches by using a slotted spoon to remove chicken from slow cooker, placing on a bottom bun. Top with lettuce and red onion and more velveeta if desired (see note above)