Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip filled with chicken, cream cheese, corn, beans, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce is sure to be an instant favorite at any get-together!
THIS RECIPE WAS UPDATED IN FEBRUARY 2016. CHECK OUT THE NEW VERSION HERE!
Pat is getting his MBA in a part-time night program, so I am home alone a lot at night. That’s not a good thing, because when I’m left to my own devices, I’ll choose cheese for dinner EVERY night. Every single night.
It’s part of the reason I waited so long to learn how to cook. Its just hard to cook a meal for one person. And I tend to not be the healthiest eater. Like I said, cheese. All day, everyday. So that’s my excuse for making this AMAZING Chicken Enchilada Dip. Pat was gone and I had no self-control. And it was glorious.
I was inspired to make this deliciousness from one of my favorite blogs, Creme De La Crumb (cutest blog name ever). I modified it a bit, to add cream cheese (more cheese…duh) and tomatoes, but this is her idea and she should be so proud of it! Its one of the best things I have ever tasted! I hope I don’t eat it all before Pat gets home from class. I can’t be trusted around this stuff.
Chicken, cheese, beans, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce……bliss. Best Dip Ever. Come home soon, Pat!! I’m struggling here!! I just had this for lunch and I seriously might have it for dinner. It’s a problem.
Add some sour cream and you’ve really got a party. Enjoy!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 4-5 cups chopped Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 8 oz package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn drained and rinsed
- 1 can rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 can medium enchilada sauce or mild or hot, depending on what you like best
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, beans, corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish or pie dish (this mixture would make enough for one large casserole dish or 2 pie dishes)
- Top with the cheese and cilantro
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melty (the BEST)
- Top with sour cream (optional)