TEQUILA LIME SALMON SALAD is the perfect hearty and delicious salad for any occasion! Salmon topped with a spicy tequila lime marinade and laid atop a bed of lettuce, corn, beans, avocado, pico, and more. So much flavor in this salmon salad recipe!
Salmon Salad Recipe
This salmon salad recipe is filled with flavor, it’s healthy, and it’s so easy to make. This Tequila Lime Salmon Salad is about to be your new favorite!
I’m so excited about this delicious Tequila Lime Salmon Salad recipe! A good hearty salad is always popular, which I found out when I did a roundup of OUR VERY FAVORITE SALADS and it went CRRRRAZY! I realized I need to do less cheesy dips and more amazing salads! (Don’t hold your breath)
Apparently you guys love eating salads as meals with bright flavors, filling ingredients, and ALL THE FLAVOR! Maybe its because they’re so easy, or maybe it’s because they’re oh so delicious (and healthy)! Either way, this Tequila Lime Salmon Salad is one of our new favorites. It’s chock full of beans, corn, pico, cheese, assorted lettuce, and the best lime vinaigrette.
But the real kicker is the SALMON! The Tequila Lime Marinade is just the perfect amount of spice, making such a juicy and flavorful baked salmon, awesome on its own or straight up fabulous in a salad!
This Tequila Lime Salmon Salad is about to be your new favorite flavorful salad recipe!
Tequila Lime Salmon Salad
To make a great salmon salad, we started by making REALLY great salmon. We topped the salmon with some brown sugar to help it caramelize and make it that much more YUM. Look at all that flavor! You guys know by now that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old El Paso, and their Taco Seasoning was the perfect compliment for the marinade. It’s an easy way to throw in quick spices, and it’s perfect every time. I’ll be using it FOREVER.
What else is in this tasty salmon salad?
- Lots of lettuce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Tequila Lime Salmon
- Shredded cheese
- Black beans
- Tortilla strips
- Tequila lime vinaigrette salad dressing
So much flavor packed into one simple and healthy salad!
Healthy Salad Recipe
If it’s a hearty and healthy salad that you’re craving, than this Tequila Lime Salmon Salad recipe is the recipe for you! Tex Mex flavors have always been one of my favorites, and this easy and healthy way to have all the taste and none of the fuss. This salad is just perfect for the busy lunches and dinners I know we all fly through from time to time. The best part is that this healthy salad recipe is full of things that are good for you. There is a well-rounded list of nutrients here. Win!
Recommended Products to make Tequila Lime Salmon Salad
I just love this Tequila Lime Salmon Salad recipe. It’s SO delicious, so easy to make, and so filled with flavor. Make this your new go-to lunch at the office or at home!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make this salmon salad recipe. Enjoy!
If you like this salmon salad recipe, try these other salmon recipes too:
- Baked Salmon with Basil Walnut Pesto
- Hoisin Salmon and Asparagus
- Pecan Crusted Honey Bourbon Salmon
- Caprese Stuffed Salmon
- Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Lemon Butter Salmon
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Crusted Salmon
Tequila Lime Salmon Salad
This TEQUILA LIME SALMON SALAD is the perfect hearty and delicious salad for any occasion! Salmon topped with a spicy tequila lime marinade and laid atop a bed of lettuce, corn, beans, avocado, pico, and more! SO MUCH FLAVOR!
For the Tequila Lime Salmon:
- 2 salmon filets with skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juice and zest
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1 1 oz. package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
For the Tequila Lime Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
For the Salad and Toppings:
- ¼ head Iceberg lettuce cleaned and chopped
- ½ bunch green or red leaf lettuce; cleaned trimmed & chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can sweet corn rinsed & drained
- 1 avocado peeled & sliced or chopped – drizzle with lime juice to keep from browning.
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Tortilla Strips
For the Salmon:
- (Salmon can be marinated and kept in fridge up to 24 hours prior to cooking.)
- Place olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, tequila, Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix and brown sugar in a gallon size Ziploc bag and mix until well incorporated. Add the salmon filets and gently rub the marinade over the salmon. Close the bag and marinate it in the fridge 2-24 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place it, skin-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast it for 4-6 minutes per half-inch thickness of salmon. Measure the salmon at the thickest part. 4 minutes will give you salmon with a pink center (medium-rare) and 6 minutes will be thoroughly cooked through.
- The salmon is done when it easily flakes apart with a fork. If desired, test the doneness with an instant read thermometer – salmon is considered done at a minimum 145 degrees F at the thickest part of the salmon.
- Remove the cooked salmon from the oven and transfer to plate. Remove the skin before placing the salmon on the mixed salad.
For the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, beans and corn. Mix gently.
- Place the mix salad in serving dishes and place the cooked salmon on top. Add sliced avocado and tortilla strips and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Drizzle with the Tequila Lime Vinaigrette.