Cheesy Baked Tomatoes are a super quick and super easy side or appetizer for any occasion!
With Thanksgiving only days away, it feels like a mad dash to finalize the menu with delicious (AND EASY) sides for Thursday. Thanksgiving is at our house this year, so I’m feeling the pressure! I want to do some unique recipes (my Hawaiian Sweet Bread Stuffing will be the star of the side dish show!), but I also want them to be simple so that I can enjoy the day with the fam. These Cheesy Baked Tomatoes are just the thing to complete our meal.
As always, Scout was on hand for recipe testing. Just on cheesy smell alone, she gave these the seal of approval! I loaded the cheese on these bad boys. As if that’s a surprise. Ripe tomatoes, shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella, and fresh basil. Drizzle the olive oil, and bake. And then enjoy. It’s all pretty simple, just the way I love my recipes.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Top each tomato with a layer or parmesan and then a layer or mozzarella
- Sprinkle the chopped basil on top of each tomato
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Turn off oven and broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!