***I remade this skillet basil cream chicken recipe recently!! Tweaked a couple things and took better pictures :) You can check out the newer version HERE. Thanks for stopping by!***
so i know i’ve posted quite a few chicken recipes. but i love chicken. and this chicken is my new favorite. while looking for new recipes on pinterest, i found a this recipe and played around with it a bit. its a hard thing to attempt to beat my all-time favorite, sherry chicken, but this one comes very close. we loved it! pat actually said this is his favorite thing i’ve made so far. (maybe i’m just getting better with time…?)
with the fresh basil, zesty tomatoes, and parmesan cheese…what’s not to love! and its ready in less than 30 minutes. perfect!
detailed below…you’ll see how easy this recipe really is. i’ve never really cooked in a skillet before, and after trying this recipe i’ll be trying it A LOT more. so simple. so good! (although i think i’ve pretty much thrown ‘fat free’ out the window) :)
this recipe was also GREAT as leftovers. i cut up the chicken, used all the leftover sauce, and served over pasta. delicious! another great option would be making your own boursin cheese. its really worth trying. so good!
you will love this chicken! fresh and delicious (and easy). made in less than 30 minutes! enjoy!
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound Boneless skinless chicken breast; 4 halves
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 can (4 oz) Pimentos
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Basil; fresh, minced (i also added some dry basil)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan; grated
- 2 tablespoons boursin cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- Heat skillet over medium high heat
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls
- Dip chicken in milk, and then coat with crumbs
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of the butter about 5 min
- Add remaining butter flip chicken and cook another 5 min till chicken is cooked.
- Remove and keep warm
- Add broth to skillet bring to boil over medium heat
- Stir in cream, pimientos, and tomatoes; boil and stir for 1 min
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, bousrin cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.