Quick and easy to make in the air fryer, these chicken tenders are one tasty bite! Coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs, they are ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
Breaded in a seasoned panko coating, they are perfectly crispy and so tender in the middle.
Why you’ll love this Air Fried Chicken Tenders recipe:
How to make Chicken Tenders in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the melted butter in one bowl and the panko and seasonings in another.
- Dredge the tenders in the melted butter, then the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the air fryer basket in batches and cook until golden brown.
Can you make these with other cuts of chicken?
Chicken tenders are found just behind the breast of the chicken and are wonderfully tender, hence the name! If you don’t have chicken tenders, you can cut strips of chicken breast and use those instead.
I don’t recommend making these with chicken thighs as they take longer to cook through.
Can you oven bake them?
Don’t have an air fryer? Don’t worry, you can bake these in the oven too, they will just take slightly longer. Bake them in a pre heated oven at 390F for 20 to 25minutes until golden brown.
What do you serve them with?
These air fryer chicken tenders are a great appetizer to serve with your favorite dips like chick-fil-a-sauce, ranch or BBQ. They are also a great addition to serve as part of a quick weeknight meal with your favorite potato and veggie sides. Try them with:
- I’ve made these both ways – flipping the tenders halfway through and not flipping them halfway through. The tricky thing about flipping them is it can cause some of the panko breading to come off. I really didn’t find much of a difference in even browning/crispiness when I didn’t flip, so that’s my preferred method.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket and cook the chicken tenders in batches. They should be placed in a single layer otherwise they won’t get crispy all over.
These air fryer chicken tenders are so crispy and delicious and I love how super quick and easy they are to make! Be sure to make a big batch!
More Air Fryer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!