These shrimp fajitas are a quick and easy meal you can whip up any night of the week. They’re also delicious and luckily a healthier option too. Everyone will love this easy fajitas recipe!
Easy Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
This shrimp fajitas recipe is so flavorful! It’s also fast, easy to make, and healthy.
Why you’ll love this Skillet Shrimp Fajitas recipe:
- QUICK: Shrimp cooks fast and the rest of the recipe is so easy. You can have these on the table in under 30 minutes!
- HEALTHY: These fajitas are filled with shrimp and veggies, making it a delicious and well-balanced meal.
- VERSATILE: These shrimp fajitas are easy to change up. If you want to use different veggies or seasonings, it’s just a quick substitution.
How to make Shrimp Fajitas on the Stovetop
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare shrimp and pat dry.
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, onion, garlic, and fajita seasoning in a bowl.
- Heat a large pan/skillet on the stove, then add in the shrimp mixture.
- Cook briefly, until the shrimp turns pink.
- To assemble the fajitas, start by warming the tortillas. Then fill with shrimp and toppings.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
What toppings can I add to fajitas?
I’m topping these shrimp fajitas with lettuce, red onions, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, guacamole, and a bit of lime juice. Simple but absolutely delicious!
Here are some other topping ideas:
- Use spinach instead of lettuce.
- Add some colorful strips of bell pepper.
- Top it off with your favorite salsa or pico de gallo.
- Drizzle it with a creamy chipotle sauce.
- Add a dollop of sour cream.
- Use jalapeno slices for more heat.
How do you know when the shrimp is cooked?
Shrimp cooks fast and only needs a few minutes in the skillet. It’s done when it starts to turn pink. It will only need about 3 minutes, so stay nearby while cooking.
What should I serve with shrimp fajitas?
Can I make these ahead of time?
The great thing about a quick recipe like this, is that you don’t need to make it ahead of time. However, you CAN do some prep (cut veggies, grill up the sweet corn, etc.) or store cooked shrimp in the fridge (up to 3 days).
There really isn’t much cooking with these shrimp fajitas though, so you won’t need to do much to get these ready in a rush.
- Be sure to defrost and drain the shrimp before cooking (if using frozen shrimp).
- Make your own fajita seasoning, or pick up a packet at the store.
- Smaller handheld-size tortillas work great for these shrimp fajitas!
- These taste best when served immediately, while the shrimp is still warm. And don’t forget to warm the tortillas!
These easy shrimp fajitas are absolutely delicious! Serve them for dinner on weeknights, on Cinco de Mayo, or as a fun appetizer with cocktails.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!