This post is sponsored by Real® Seal. As always, all opinions are 100% mine. Thanks SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!
This CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP is the ultimate super easy appetizer to make for game day! This sour cream dip is made in minutes and loved by all…so much flavor!
Have you guys figured out yet that tailgating is food is my VERY FAVORITE type of food! I just cannot get enough of dips, wings, nachos, and snacks of any kind. The easier and cheesier the better! With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, I’m in a mad dash to find all of my very favorite appetizer recipes and get you stocked and ready for all those tailgating parties! This super easy CARAMELIZED ONION BACON DIP is just the thing for a quick party favorite…loaded with onions, bacon, chives, sour cream, and of course CHEESE, you just can’t go wrong.
I’ve had such a fun time partnering with REAL® Seal this year, and have learned so much about one of my fave food groups, DAIRY! Milk is such a great source of calcium, potassium, and vitamin D, not to mention protein and tons of other vitamins. Real® Seal makes it easy to identify products made from US-only cows milk. Can’t be replicated! I was able to find Real Seal approved sour cream and it made the perfect base for this Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip…SO YUM! Just look for the Real Seal red logo to know what you’re buying!
This Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip is a must have at every football party this Winter. It’s just so super easy, crave-worthy, and loved by all. Sure I have plenty of hot dips that I love, but this cold dip is something I just can’t get enough of. ALL THE BACON PLEASE!
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces sour cream (I love Oberweis Cultured Sour Cream)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chips or sliced veggies for serving
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and chopped bacon into the skillet and cook until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from the skillet and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the chopped onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and caramelize for about 10 minutes, or until fully browned and translucent. Remove onion from the skillet and allow to drain/cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, bacon, onion, chives, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Allow to sit in the fridge in an airtight container for at least an hour to fully chill and for flavors to all blend together.
- Serve with chips or chopped veggies.
This post is sponsored by Real Seal. As always, all opinions are 100% mine. Thanks SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!