CARAMELIZED ONION DIP is the ultimate super easy appetizer to make for game day! This amazing sour cream and bacon dip is made in minutes and loved by all. It’s filled with so much flavor, and so many delicious ingredients, like bacon, sour cream, onions, and chives. Serve this up with chips and enjoy!
Caramelized Onion Dip
Caramelized Onion Dip is one of the best cold dip recipes ever. This easy and delicious bacon dip is perfect for every game day party!
Have you guys figured out yet that tailgating is food is my VERY FAVORITE type of food?! I just cannot get enough of dips, wings, nachos, and snacks of any kind. The easier and cheesier the better! With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, I’m in a mad dash to find all of my very favorite appetizer recipes and get you stocked and ready for all those tailgating parties!
This super easy CARAMELIZED ONION DIP is just the thing for a quick party favorite. It’s loaded with onions, bacon, chives, sour cream, and of course CHEESE. You just can’t go wrong with this tasty bacon dip. Everyone will devour it in no time!
As much as I love hot dips (like this amazing queso recipe or this hot onion dip), I think every party needs a cold dip recipe too. It cleanses the palette between all the hot dips, right? Either way, this is one of the best party dips for game day and beyond!
This Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip is the perfect thing to serve every game day. You can never have enough appetizers, and this cold dip recipe balances out all the hot and cheesy dips so well!
Caramelized Onion Sour Cream Dip
I’ve had such a fun time partnering with REAL® Seal this year, and have learned so much about one of my fave food groups, DAIRY! Milk is such a great source of calcium, potassium, and vitamin D, not to mention protein and tons of other vitamins. Real® Seal makes it easy to identify products made from US-only cows milk. Can’t be replicated! I was able to find Real Seal approved sour cream and it made the perfect base for this Caramelized Onion Dip…SO YUM! Just look for the Real Seal red logo to know what you’re buying!
How to Make Onion Bacon Dip
I love sour cream and onion dip, I love bacon dip…combine all the best parts to make this amazing Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip! It only takes a bit of prep, and then just let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to cool. It comes out so creamy and sooo good.
How to make Caramelized Onion Dip:
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook chopped bacon until crispy (6-8 minutes)
- Cook onions in the same skillet for about 10 minutes, until they caramelize
- Mix together sour cream, onion, bacon, chives, shredded cheese, and salt & pepper in a bowl
- Set in refrigerator to cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Nobody will be able to resist this delicious cold dip recipe. As soon as you set it out with some potato chips, everyone will dig in and eat it up.
Recommended Products to make this Caramelized Onion Dip recipe
This Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip is a must have at every football party this Winter. It’s just so super easy, crave-worthy, and loved by all. Sure I have plenty of hot dips that I love, but this cold dip is something I just can’t get enough of. ALL THE BACON PLEASE!
Watch the Video and See the recipe card for details on How to Make Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip. Enjoy!
If you like this bacon dip recipe, you’ll love our other favorite dip recipes too:
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Layered Bean Dip
- Caesar Salad Cream Cheese Chicken Dip
- French Onion Dip Mini Bread Bowls
- Greek 7 Layer Dip
- Skinny Parmesan Spinach Dip
Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip
CARAMELIZED ONION DIP is the ultimate super easy appetizer to make for game day! This amazing sour cream and bacon dip is made in minutes and loved by all. It's filled with so much flavor, and so many delicious ingredients, like bacon, sour cream, onions, and chives.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon uncooked and chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 16 ounces sour cream I love Oberweis Cultured Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chips or sliced veggies for serving
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and chopped bacon into the skillet and cook until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from the skillet and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the chopped onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and caramelize for about 10 minutes, or until fully browned and translucent. Remove onion from the skillet and allow to drain/cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, bacon, onion, chives, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Allow to sit in the fridge in an airtight container for at least an hour to fully chill and for flavors to all blend together.
- Serve with chips or chopped veggies.