This STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE is our go-to easy dinner recipe. These Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are loaded with beef, green chiles, onions, enchilada sauce, and so much cheese! You won’t believe how easy this stuffed bell pepper recipe is and how much your entire family will love it.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers)
This Stuffed Peppers Recipe oozing with enchiladas are the ultimate comfort food. Bell Peppers make the perfect little basket for all this cheesy enchilada goodness. Low carb enchiladas? SIGN ME UP!
I’m totally aware that you can make stuffed bell peppers into a healthy dinner. I’m aware. That’s not what I did. I made stuffed peppers recipe into an oooey gooey cheesy mess of delicious flavors! These bell peppers are stuffed with everything that makes Mexican night a weekly favorite, spicy beef, green chiles, enchilada sauce, sauteed onions, and SO MUCH CHEESE!
This enchilada Stuffed Peppers recipe reheats like a dream and it’s loved by the entire family. And just because they’re baked and inside a vegetable…I’m going to pretend they’re healthy. Shhhhh! Don’t burst my bubble. CHEESY ENCHILADA EASY STUFFED PEPPERS are my new obsession!
I love so many things about this Stuffed Peppers Recipe, including that they’re the perfect size, oh so easy to make, and require little clean up.
Easy Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
This stuffed bell peppers recipe is yet another recipe that proves cooking with Old El Paso is always the easy and yummy way to go. Don’t have all the spices? Don’t worry, their amazing taco seasoning has you covered! Don’t want to make your own high maintenance enchilada sauce? Why would you when theirs is so delish! Their green chiles are my absolute fave and they add just the right amount of kick to this Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers recipe. I literally cannot wait for you guys to try these!
Can stuffed peppers be frozen?
I get this question all the time! The answer is YES! Be sure everything is fully cooked, fully cooled before freezing, and be sure to wrap well (plastic wrap) and store in an airtight container. You can also store them in the fridge and reheat for 3-5 days. Makes them a great meal to make for your favorite new mama, friend in need, or spouse for work the next day. High fives all around!
Can I make these Easy Stuffed Peppers healthy?
Of course! All you have to do is go easy on the cheese and sub ground turkey for the beef. Simple right? Your family will love them either way, trust me! You can truly make these Stuffed Peppers as indulgent or as healthy as you want. The choice is yours!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
Another thing I love so much about this stuffed bell pepper recipe is how you could customize it to your family’s liking. Just so easy, so good, and so fun. They’re a show stopper whether cooking for your kids or entertaining a crowd. Yum YUM!
Here are a few ways you can customize these Stuffed Peppers to make them perfect for your family:
- Add chicken
- Add quinoa or rice
- Make in other flavors like Hawaiian Stuffed Peppers
- Make them spicy by using spicy enchilada sauce or jalapenos!
Recommended Products to make this Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I hope you give these Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers Recipe a try TONIGHT! With only 7 ingredients, what are you waiting for?! Enjoy!
If you’re wanting to make this Enchilada Stuffed Peppers Recipe for Cinco de Mayo, we have lots of other great recipe ideas for pairing! Serve with our Cheesy Mexican Rice, Homemade Tortilla Chips, Mexican Grilled Corn, and Cowboy Dip Recipe. Be sure to stir together a Skinny Margarita to complete the meal and celebrate the day. It’s our favorite food holiday…no time for moderation!
Watch How to Make Stuffed Peppers or check out the recipe card below for full instructions.
If you like this stuffed bell pepper recipe, try these other favorite Cheesy Mexican Recipes:
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- White Queso Recipe
- Queso Smothered Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie
- Mexican Stuffed Chicken
- Foil Packet Nachos
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning Click for Homemade Recipe!
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can chopped green chiles 4.5 ounce can
- 1/4 cup Red Enchilada Sauce Medium
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil (we love REYNOLDS!) and set aside.
In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook. If there is extra oil after your beef is fully cooked, drain and return to the heat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Toss in the onions and allow to cook with the beef.
- When beef is almost cooked through and onions begin to become transluescent, stir in the green chiles and enchilada sauce. Turn off heat. Set aside.
- Cut the top off each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds. Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
- To stuff each pepper, start with several spoonfuls beef, then half cup cheese, then fill nearly to the top with beef. Top with another 1/2 cup cheese (depending on size of the pepper, 1/4 cup cheese would be enough. Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on the pepper. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melty.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and cilantro if desired.