CHEESY ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPERS are our go-to easy dinner recipe. These bell peppers are stuffed with beef, green chiles, onions, enchilada sauce, and so much cheese!
I’m totally aware that you can make stuffed peppers into a healthy dinner. I’m aware. That’s not what I did. I made stuffed peppers into an oooey gooey cheesy mess of delicious flavors! These bell peppers are stuffed with everything that makes Mexican night a weekly favorite, spicy beef, green chiles, enchilada sauce, sauteed onions, and SO MUCH CHEESE! I love so many things about them, including that they’re the perfect size, oh so easy to make, and require little clean up. They reheat like a dream and are loved by the entire family. And just because they’re baked and inside a vegetable…I’m going to pretend they’re healthy. Shhhhh! Don’t burst my bubble. CHEESY ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPERS are my new obsession!
This is yet another recipe that proves cooking with Old El Paso is always the easy and yummy way to go. Don’t have all the spices? Don’t worry, their amazing taco seasoning has you covered. Don’t want to make your own high maintenance enchilada sauce? Why would you when theirs is so delish! Their green chiles are my absolute fave and they add just the right amount of kick to these Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers. I literally cannot wait for you guys to try these!
Another thing I love so much about this recipe is how you could customize it to your family’s liking. You could easily make them with chicken, less spice, quinoa (for those that actually want to capitalize on the potential veggie benefits of this recipe). Just so easy, so good, and so fun. They’re a show stopper whether cooking for your kids or entertaining a crowd. Yum YUM!
I hope you give these Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers a try TONIGHT! With only 7 ingredients, what are you waiting for?! Enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old EL Paso green chiles
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce, Medium
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil (we love REYNOLDS!) and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Toss in the onions and allow to cook with the beef.
- When beef is almost cooked through and onions begin to become transluescent, stir in the green chiles and enchilada sauce. Turn off heat. Set aside.
- Cut the top off each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds. Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
- To stuff each pepper, start with several spoonfuls beef, then half cup cheese, then fill nearly to the top with beef. Top with another 1/2 cup cheese (depending on size of the pepper, 1/4 cup cheese would be enough. Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on the pepper. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melty.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!