Cheesy, just a little bit spicy, EASY, perfect for a crowd, cheesy…CHEESY…this Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie is my ULTIMATE simple weeknight meal. It just doesn’t get better than a meal like this for a girl like me. It’s virtually made in one pan (there is some chicken prep that is in its own skillet), so the cleanup is super easy and worth every minute. SO MUCH FLAVOR!!! If you like enchiladas, you will LOVE this Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie!
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on quite an enchilada kick lately. Spicy Chicken Enchilada Dip, Enchilada Stuffed Pepper Casserole, and Inside-Out Chicken Enchiladas all in the past couple months. Can you blame me? Addiction isn’t a big enough word. I just love the flavors, the ease, and of course the cheese! Enchiladas must have cheese, and that means I must love enchiladas!
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie
You guys already know I love love Old El Paso, and this recipe is just another reason to stock up on all of their products. I used their Burrito sized soft tacos, their Red Enchilada Sauce, and their Taco Seasoning. I kid you not that I probably keep 10 packets of their Taco Seasoning on hand AT ALL TIMES. You never know when you need to add some flavor fast!
I hope you give this Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie a try. It’s just too easy and delicious not to at least sample! Enjoy :)
Chicken Enchilada Skillet PiePrint
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken I used rotisserie chicken
- 1 10 ounce can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1 ounce packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 burrito sized Old El Paso soft flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled cojita cheese or feta (optional)
- Sour cream and avocado for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium/high heat. Add the chicken, 3/4 can enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, and cilantro and stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer and cook until heated through. Since the chicken should already be cooked this shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate large skillet (or you can drain the chicken skillet, putting the chicken aside, and use it), start assembling your pie. Start with one tortilla, topped with half of the chicken mixture, then one cup cheese. Repeat with one more tortilla, the rest of the chicken, and another cup cheese. Top with a third tortilla, the remaining enchilada sauce, and the remaining one cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with more chopped cilantro.
- Pop in the oven to cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is fully bubbly and the cheese all melty and perfect.
- Remove from the oven and top with the diced tomatoes, cojita (or feta), sliced avocado, and sour cream.
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!