This CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SANDWICH is so easy and so full of flavor! Kick your sandwich game up a notch with layers of grilled chicken, creamy swiss, honey ham, and buttered bread. A tasty grilled chicken sandwich recipe for a delicious lunch!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
This Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich is a tasty grilled chicken sandwich recipe that’s easy to make but feels quite decadent!
In my world, there are never enough cheese recipes and never enough chicken recipes, so this GRILLED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SANDWICH is literally my dream dish! Think grilled cheese but kicked up about a million notches. There’s so much flavor and absolutely zero fuss with this grilled chicken sandwich recipe. It’s an amazing way to spice up lunch, dinner, or any meal in between.
Sometimes there is nothing like an amazing sandwich, and this is certainly one of my new favorites. It’s got layers of melty swiss cheese, honey ham, garlic grilled chicken, and of course some amazing bread. This chicken cordon bleu sandwich is toasted up, hot and delicious. What more could you want?
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich is the perfect grilled chicken sandwich recipe for an easy lunch or dinner!
The Perfect Bread for the Perfect Sandwich
The key to these delicious Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches is my new fave Cobblestone Bread Co. Million Dollar White Bread! Its soft, sweet, rich in flavor, and substantial enough to hold all the toppings. This bakery style bread is all you need to make the perfect “grown up sandwiches”…ones you’ll crave again and again. I have always loved Cobblestone Bread, but this Million Dollar White Bread is for sure my new obsession. The “right sized” loaf is just PERFECT for our household. It’s hard for the two of us to devour a loaf before it goes bad, so the smaller size is right up our alley. Isn’t that just the best?
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a pretty classic dish. Chicken breast filled with a slice of ham and lots of melty cheese, breaded and baked to perfection…it’s one of those recipes that is absolutely delicious and feels quite decadent. It’s definitely a high-class dish that we love to eat for dinner, but this chicken cordon bleu sandwich version is just perfect for every day lunches! Layers of grilled chicken, ham, and swiss cheese, perfectly sandwiched between bread. Yum!
I really love this dish, which is why I wanted to make a sandwich version. I made the easiest Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, plus I’ve made Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip AND Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs. All easy and delicious recipes for any occasion!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This grilled chicken sandwich recipe is one of my new favorite lunches! I don’t have time to make up complicated meals during the day, but a sandwich is easy to put together. I’ve made a lot of delicious sandwiches here before, but this is really up there. It’s almost like a grilled cheese but with tasty meats thrown in for extra flavor! My kind of sandwich.
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
This grilled chicken cordon bleu sandwich is a breeze to make, and since they’re so HUGE, one sandwich can be enough to feed two people for a quick lunch.
- Heat oil & garlic in large skillet, and season chicken breast
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 6-8 minutes on each side, remove from skillet once fully cooked & set aside
- Butter bread slices, and lay bread onto skillet (butter side down)
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, then another slice of cheese
- Add a full chicken breast to each sandwich, then add another slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, and another slice of cheese
- Place slice of bread on top of the sandwich and let cook for 2 minutes
- Flip sandwich and cook for 2 more minutes
Serve hot and fresh! Like I said, these grilled chicken sandwiches are BIG, with tons of ham and cheese, so a half sandwich can easily fill you up for lunch.
Recommended Products to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make this Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these other great sandwich recipes too:
- Teriyaki Chicken Sub Sandwich
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich
- Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Stuffed Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- Waffle Grilled Cheese
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
This GRILLED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU SANDWICH is so easy and so full of flavor! Kick your sandwich game up a notch with layers of grilled chicken, creamy swiss, honey ham, and buttered bread.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Cobblestone Bread Co. Million Dollar White Bread
- salted butter
- 8 slices baby swiss cheese
- 8 slices honey ham
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked through. Cook time will depend on how thinly you pound the chicken.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay two slices of bread into the skillet, butter side down. Top each with a slice of cheese, two slices ham, and another slice of cheese. Top with a chicken breast per slice of bread. Top chicken with another slice of cheese, two more slices ham, and the last slice of cheese. Place the remaining pieces of bread, butter side up, onto each to complete the sandwich. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Flip each sandwich when the bottom side is toasted to your liking, and toast the other slice bread.
- Serve hot.
- **Note: These are big sandwiches so we found that a half a sandwich was a great size for lunch. These sandwiches serve 1-2 people per sandwich**