Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the perfect thing to bake for breakfast, dessert, or just for simple snacking. This homemade banana bread with chocolate chips is so fresh, so flavorful, and so fun! I love this delicious chocolate chip banana bread recipe for any occasion, and it’s so easy to make too!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the the perfect thing to bake for a fun breakfast, a simple dessert, or just for every day snacking. You can’t beat this fresh, homemade chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
I love chocolate, I love bananas, and I love bread. There’s no better way to combine them all than to make this easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! I’ve shared my go-to Easy Banana Bread Recipe (with Peanut Butter Glaze!), now it’s time to share a delicious chocolate-filled version.
Making homemade bread gives me such a great feeling. Something about the fresh flavor just makes it so exciting. Plus, breads are versatile! You can eat this banana bread with chocolate chips for breakfast with a cup of coffee, or you can eat it for a simple dessert. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious. The perfect thing to keep in the kitchen during the week.
This is the best chocolate chip banana bread I’ve ever tasted; I’m drooling just looking at it! It’s an easy recipe, something you can make any time, and it would be perfect to serve during the holidays too.
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is so fresh, so chocolate-y, and so delicious. Make a loaf to serve for breakfast, dessert, or snacking!
Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
My favorite thing about this chocolate chip banana bread recipe is the simplicity of it. It’s easy to make, the ingredient list is pretty short, and the flavor is just plain good. A fresh loaf of bread just tastes so home-y and comforting. Cut a slice of this homemade banana bread with chocolate chips, serve it warm, and you’re in for a treat!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is easy. Fresh bread filled with bananas, chocolate chips, and a bit of yogurt (no eggs in this recipe!). Just simply delicious. This is the time to use up any of those overripe bananas you might have sitting in your kitchen. They’re perfect for this recipe!
Before you begin, grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan. Then move the oven rack to the lower middle position, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread:
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt
- In another bowl, mash together bananas, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla extract, and orange zest
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the chocolate chips and the banana mixture into the flour mixture (batter should still be thick and lumpy after combining)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth out (if desired, you can arrange banana slices on top)
- Bake at 375°F for about 55 minutes to 1 hour
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan
Banana bread with chocolate chips is the ultimate breakfast or snack. So chocolatey and delicious!
Recommended Products to make this recipe
Can you freeze chocolate chip banana bread?
Yes, although the quality will not be quite the same as fresh bread after freezing and reheating. But you can freeze banana bread with chocolate chips if you want to save this loaf for another time. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then store it inside of a freezer-safe bag. It will last up to 3 months.
I just can’t get enough of this delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! The texture, the flavor, and everything about it is so good. This easy bread recipe is perfect for simple breakfasts or even for dessert. I love having fresh and flavorful bread in the kitchen for a quick snack! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Enjoy!
If you like this homemade bread recipe, try these other favorite recipes too:
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Bread
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bread Pudding
- Frosted Pecan Pie Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas soft, darkly speckled (1½ cups mashed)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 medium orange
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet and/or milk chocolate
- 1 banana not overly ripe, sliced into 1/8-inch slices
Grease and flour the bottom of a regular 9" loaf pan (nonstick pan, grease and flour bottom and sides).
- Set the oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together the bananas, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla and orange zest.
- Lightly fold the mashed banana mixture and chocolate chips into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula. Mix the batter just until combined – it should be lumpy and thick.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smooth out the top and, if desired, arrange banana slices on top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes at 375°F or until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer bread to a cooling rack and cool in the pan 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn bread out of the pan, turn right side up. Serve warm or at room temperature.