Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce is the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! This Irish bread pudding with caramel sauce is such a decadent and easy Irish dessert recipe, with the most amazing bread pudding sauce!
Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
Irish Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce is the best way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, or any day really. This delicious and easy Irish dessert has the most amazing bread pudding sauce!
Is there anything more comforting than bread pudding? It’s super simple while also being super decadent. It’s the perfect way to indulge on date night, after a long week, or just celebrating every day things.
This Irish Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! It’s oozing with flavors that make St. Patrick’s Day a favorite (WHISKEY!), warm, delicious, and SO EASY. What’s not to love?
The whiskey caramel bread pudding sauce makes this dessert next level tasty, and I always enjoy scarfing this stuff down with family and friends. I love making this bread pudding with caramel sauce on holiday. Perfect with the raisins and cinnamon sugar, but you could also use chocolate chips to add a little chocolate into the mix!
This Bread Pudding with Whiskey Caramel Sauce is just the perfect St. Patty’s Day Irish dessert!
Irish Bread Pudding Recipe with Sauce
I just have such a thing for all kinds of bread pudding. I’ve made it with chocolate (Hot Chocolate to be exact!), and even made an apple pie version. But you can’t beat this Irish Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce version!
It’s bursting with flavor and personality, especially thanks to that whiskey caramel bread pudding sauce. You can bake it in a large casserole dish, or in individual ramekins. It’s the perfect dessert to make when entertaining, because it’s thrown together in minutes. Leave it a bit to soak up all the goodness and then bake. Top with extra caramel, whipped cream, or cinnamon sugar for an extra special treat. Don’t you just want to dive right in?
Whiskey Caramel Bread Pudding Sauce
This bread pudding with whiskey caramel sauce is SO GOOD. It’s the flavors of the caramel and whiskey mixed together that really make this recipe so amazing.
So what’s in that Whiskey Caramel Bread Pudding Sauce?
- Granulated Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Irish Whiskey
It’s so creamy, so flavorful, so sweet, and absolutely delicious on top of this fresh Irish Bread Pudding! Topped off with cinnamon sugar and raisins, it’s even more delectable!
How to Make Bread Pudding with Whiskey Caramel Sauce
This bread pudding with caramel sauce is super easy to make, which is good news because that means you can make it ALL THE TIME. I do find myself craving these little delights quite often because the flavors just ooze out. Yum!
How to make whiskey caramel bread pudding sauce:
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan, and stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- One the sugar dissolves, stop stirring and just let the sauce simmer for about 17 minutes (until it turns a golden color). Then remove from heat.
- Add in the butter and cream cheese and whisk until it becomes smooth.
- Stir in the whiskey and milk, and then set it aside while you make the bread pudding.
How to make bread pudding with whiskey sauce:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray your baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, evaporated milk, eggs, and 2/3 cup of the bread pudding sauce in a large mixing bowl. Whisk everything together.
- Add in the bread cubes and use a spatula to push them all into the liquid, to make sure they are fully coated.
- Cover the bowl and set it in the refrigerator to soak for at least 30 minutes (a little longer is better if you have the time).
- Now pour the bread pudding mixture into the prepared dish, and sprinkle the raisins on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
I love to soak the raisins beforehand in the whiskey to make them little flavor bombs. If you’re not a raisin lover (hello my husband!), I have also used chocolate chips. Now THAT is decadent! Ooey, gooey, and oh so perfect.
Make sure you serve this bread pudding with caramel sauce with EXTRA whiskey caramel sauce. So good!
What are your favorite St. Patrick’s Day traditions? We love to head to our local parade (STL is known for their family parades on St. Patrick’s Day, it is SO fun), and drink some green beer.
Then, we head home for Irish Bread Pudding with Whiskey Caramel Sauce. It’s one of our favorite days and I hope you love it just as much!
See the recipe card for details on how to make bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Enjoy!
If you like this bread pudding recipe with sauce, you’ll love these other desserts too:
- Gingerbread Pudding Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Bread Pudding
- Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake