Everyone’s favorite holiday side dish, sweet potato casserole, is a breeze to make in the Crockpot. Sweet and crunchy, topped with pecans and marshmallows, it’s perfect to serve alongside your roasted turkey.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
This classic sweet and savory vegetable side dish is a breeze to make in the Crockpot, and it will free up your oven for the rest of the meal. It’s a great alternative to oven baked and so simple to prep.
Why you’ll love this Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great make ahead side dish for the holidays.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a handful of basic ingredients to make this recipe.
- EASY: This slow cooker method is simple and easy to prep and you like the Crockpot do all of the hard work!
If you are hosting Thanksgiving this year, then this recipe is a must! So simple and so delicious, it’s a real crowd pleaser! Don’t have a slow cooker? Make this Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole or Classic Sweet Potato Casserole recipe instead.
How to make Sweet Potato Casserole in a Crockpot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Stir together the sweet potatoes with the water, sugar and seasonings.
- Stir in pecans and marshmallows and sprinkle some more on top.
- Cook again til the marshmallows have melted.
- Let cool slightly and serve.
Yes! You can prep the whole dish the night before and keep covered and refrigerated til ready to cook. Once cooked, the casserole will keep well for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Yes, it’s best to peel the sweet potatoes as the skins can be quite tough and chewy even when cooked. Cut them into similar sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
This side dish takes 3 ½-4 hours on a high setting, or on low for 6-8 hours. Just set it to go while you are prepping the rest of the meal and your Thanksgiving dinner will be a breeze to make!
Marshmallows are a traditional ingredients in sweet potato casserole, but you can omit them if you prefer. Just stir in the pecans and you are good to go.
This Crockpot sweet potato casserole is great to serve as part of your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner. Try it with any of these mains:
This vegetable casserole will be a sure fire hit with whatever you serve it with!
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
- These sweet potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into evenly sized cubes so that they cook through evenly.
- Pecans are traditionally used, but walnuts work great too.
- Let the potatoes cool in the slow cooker for 20 minutes before serving.
If you are looking to free up some room in your oven for your Thanksgiving turkey, then this is a great way to do it. They come out so well in the slow cooker!
More Crockpot Recipes to Try
This Crockpot sweet potato casserole recipe is such a simple way to make everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving side dish! Be sure to make extra as it will disappear quickly!
More Holiday Side Dish Recipes we Love
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Mash
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!