This air fryer broccoli recipe makes the best, crispiest broccoli ever. It’s quick and simple to make, taking only minutes to cook. Plus, it’s healthy and delicious, and goes with all of your favorite meals!
Broccoli in the Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to get your veggies in, look no further than this air fryer broccoli recipe! Air frying is a great alternative to traditional frying, and it’s a great way to cook vegetables without adding any grease or extra calories.
This recipe is flavored simply, so it’s sure to go with everything!
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe:
- Healthy and Delicious: This recipe is healthy and delicious. The air fryer cooks the broccoli to perfection, with a crispy exterior and a tender interior.
- Quick and Easy: The recipe is easy to follow and only takes a few minutes to prepare, then a few minutes to cook.
- Perfect Side Dish: This broccoli is the perfect side dish for any meal. Pair it with chicken, beef, or pork for a healthy side dish that tastes delicious.
This air fryer broccoli recipe is a quick and easy way to get your daily dose of greens. Even the kids will love it!
How to Make Broccoli in the Air Fryer
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cut the broccoli into florets, then season them.
- Place the broccoli in the air fryer, and cook just a few minutes until crispy and tender.
- Top with parmesan cheese and optional red pepper flakes.
- Broccoli: Cut the broccoli into small, even pieces so that they cook through evenly. You could also use pre-cut broccoli to make it easier.
- Preheat: The key to making this recipe is to preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F for a couple of minutes before adding the broccoli.
- Use cooking oil spray: If you want an easier way to coat your broccoli with olive oil, use olive oil cooking spray.
Nope! There’s no need to precook the broccoli in any way before air frying it.
Yes, but it will turn out more like steamed broccoli due to the excess water. I recommend using fresh or thawed and drained broccoli.
If you notice that your broccoli is browning too much (or even burning), add 1 tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer. This will keep the broccoli more tender and prevent burning.
Yes! Air fryer broccoli is healthier than traditional roasted or pan-fried broccoli because it uses much less oil.
This side dish really goes with anything and everything. Just pair it with your favorite main dish, and dinner will be ready!
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Crockpot Beef Tenderloin
- Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
I like serving Air fryer broccoli with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, but you can choose any seasonings or extras you prefer.
Make Ahead Instructions
Air fryer broccoli can be made up to 2 days in advance of when you plan to serve it. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat before serving.
Store leftover air fryer broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350-400°F air fryer for 4-5 minutes.
Freeze air fryer broccoli in a single layer on a lined baking sheet until solid, about 1-2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag to store for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
This is a great recipe to riff on.
- Add crumbled cooked bacon
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and/or toasted breadcrumbs
- Toss the cooked broccoli in your favorite dressing, such as Ranch or Caesar
- Toss the broccoli with sesame oil and soy sauce, cook, and top with toasted sesame seeds
- Omit the Parmesan and toss with curry or za’atar seasoning
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Try to cut the broccoli into evenly-sized florets. It will cook more evenly this way.
- If adding seasonings, toss the broccoli with the seasonings before adding it to the air fryer, not after.
- Make sure all of the florets are evenly coated with oil. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Work in batches if necessary. Otherwise, you’ll end up with steamed broccoli.
- For more tender, less crisp broccoli, add 1 tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer.
- Serve immediately for the crispiest broccoli. The longer it sits, the soggier it will become.
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes We Love
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Sauteed Vegetables
- Three Cheese Asparagus Gratin
Air Fryer broccoli is the quickest and easy way to get a tasty vegetable side dish. You’ll be making it every week for easy dinners! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer teriyaki Tofu
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- The Best Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.