Fresh Strawberry Cake is a pretty pink cake that tastes just as good as it looks. This homemade strawberry cake recipe is easy to make, and it’s topped with the most amazing strawberry cream cheese icing and a few fresh strawberries. This sheet cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day and birthday parties, or just an excuse to eat cake when you’ve got fresh strawberries on hand!
Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Cake tastes so light and sweet, and with homemade strawberry cream cheese icing, everyone will love this simple sheet cake!
There’s something about strawberry that satisfies the taste buds like no other flavor can. It’s more fun than vanilla, but not as rich and filling as chocolate. This fresh strawberry cake recipe really hits the spot with its light, sweet flavor. And with a strawberry cream cheese icing to top it off, this sheet cake is absolutely delicious.
A pretty pink cake like this is perfect for Valentine’s Day, baby showers, birthday parties, and Easter. It’s also great for summer, during the peak of strawberry season. Go pick your own strawberries, then come home and make this fresh strawberry cake for your family and friends.
Why buy a box cake mix when you can make a homemade strawberry cake just as easily? This easy sheet cake recipe is beyond tasty and so fun to make. And the strawberry cream cheese icing will have you drooling!
This Fresh Strawberry Cake recipe with Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing is perfect for Valentine’s Day, birthday parties, and strawberry season!
Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing
I absolutely adore strawberry cake. It’s a classic for a reason, and it’s the perfect medium between vanilla and chocolate. It’s sweet and flavorful without being too rich. I do love chocolate, but it’s nice to change things up with a fresh strawberry cake recipe every once in a while.
This fresh strawberry cake recipe wouldn’t be complete without the best cake icing…strawberry cream cheese icing! Cream cheese icing is so creamy and flavorful, and it’s really the best option for sheet cakes like this. I think it adds such a decadent taste while still being simple.
How to Make Strawberry Cake
Making a homemade strawberry cake is just as easy as a box mix with this easy cake recipe. It’s just a matter of mixing your ingredients and baking, and you’ll have a delicious sheet cake ready to eat! We are using fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin to give it the perfect texture and flavor, and topping it with a homemade strawberry cream cheese icing. If you’re making this cake ahead of time, or if you end up leftovers, you can store the frosted cake in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Recommended Products to make Fresh Strawberry Cake
How to Make Cream Cheese Icing
Cream cheese icing is possibly my favorite type of cake icing. It’s so creamy, rich, and smoooooth. Strawberry cream cheese icing is definitely the perfect icing for this homemade strawberry cake recipe. It’s pretty irresistible if you ask me! It’s easy to make too, so no need to use those pre-made cake frostings.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing:
- Use a stand mixer to beat cream cheese, butter, & salt at medium speed until creamy
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh strawberries (mashed) and continue blending
- Switch mixer to low speed and mix in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached (3/12 – 4 cups)
Recommended Products to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing
This pretty pink Fresh Strawberry Cake is an awesome easy cake recipe. Topped with Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing, this homemade strawberry cake recipe is the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, birthday parties, or any time really. I hope you love it as much as we do!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Fresh Strawberry Cake. Enjoy!
If you like this fresh strawberry cake recipe, try these other amazing cake recipes too:
- Oreo Poke Cake
- Best Turtle Cake recipe
- Gooey Texas Sheet Cake Skillet
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cake
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
- 1¼ cups butter unsalted, softened
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3 ounce package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1¼ cups whole buttermilk
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2 8 ounce packages (16 ounces, total) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 2 lemons; juice and zest
- ¾ cup diced fresh strawberries mashed
- 3½-4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F and set the oven rack to middle position.
- Spray a half-size (18x13x1-inch) rimmed baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar and continue beating about 3 minutes or until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one-at-a-time until well combined.
- Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, gelatin, baking soda and salt.
- Turn mixer to low speed. Starting with the flour mixture, beat in the flour and buttermilk alternately to the butter mixture in 5 additions (beginning and ending with flour) beating just long enough after each addition to be blended.
- Add the strawberries and stir.
- Spread batter into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake on a cooling rack and frost with Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Keep unused frosted cake covered and refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and salt at medium speed until creamy and lighter in color.
- Beat in fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and mashed fresh strawberries just until blended.
- Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add enough powdered sugar until the desired consistency is achieved.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more lemon juice or mashed strawberries.