Easter Desserts are an important part of the holiday menu. Whether you’re looking for a traditional recipe, a beautiful dessert to impress guests, or cute treats for the kids, there’s something delicious here to try. I’ve gathered my favorite pies, cakes, cookies, sweets, and more. Try some of these easy dessert ideas for Easter Sunday this year!
Easter Dessert Recipes
Looking for some easy Easter desserts, sweets, and treats for the upcoming holiday? Look no further, because I’ve got some of the best recipes to choose from!
No holiday is complete without some easy desserts to share with family and friends, and that includes Easter! Easter Sunday calls for carrot cake, pies, lemon-flavored everything, Easter cookies, and some extra cute treats for the kids.
There’s no reason to stick to the same dessert recipes every year, although it is nice to have some traditional desserts around too. Stick to the favorites, or try something new!
Choose from beautiful Easter desserts to impress friends and family, the easiest Easter cakes, chocolate-filled recipes, and some kid-friendly ideas that are just too cute to skip.
Traditional Easter Dessert Ideas
These traditional desserts are a must on Easter Sunday. When guests are expecting their favorites, making any of these simple recipes will please everyone.
- Carrot Cake: Carrot cake is mandatory when celebrating Easter! This cake is moist, flavorful, and topped with cream cheese frosting.
- Classic Lemon Bars: Tangy lemon bars are the best dessert idea for Easter. They’re tasty, easy to make, easy to eat, and they’re just perfect to celebrate Spring.
- Pound Cake: This classic cake recipe is something everyone will love! It’s just so fluffy and flavorful, and pairs well with fresh fruit, cream, and coffee.
- Jello Salad: This fruity, fluffy dessert is a true Easter classic. Strawberries, marshmallows, and cool whip makes the sweetest Spring treat!
- Homemade Brownies: A classic brownie will be more than welcome this holiday. These are made from scratch, and they’re the perfect texture.
- Banana Pudding: This creamy pudding is quick and easy to make, and it serves a lot of people.
- Shortbread Cookies: This traditional cookie makes a great Easter treat because they’re simple yet addicting. You can make a batch and bring them to the potluck or set them out with coffee.
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies: These are super quick and easy to make, so you can bake them fresh while you wait for guests to arrive.
- Raspberry Blueberry Coffee Cake: This coffee cake is filled with berries to add a fruity twist. It’s a perfectly sweet treat to serve with coffee (of course) for brunch or after dinner.
Beautiful Desserts for Easter Sunday
If you’re looking for a truly beautiful dessert that is going to impress your Easter guests, these are the recipes for you. These will look just perfect!
- Hummingbird Cake: This banana pineapple cake is topped with cream cheese frosting and dried pineapple flowers. Guests will be blown away when you bring this out to slice and serve.
- Lemon Meringue Pie: This tangy lemon pie is topped with a soft meringue. It’s definitely a showstopper, and it just tastes like Spring.
- Lemon Raspberry Bars: These fruity dessert bars are bright pink, which will draw guests right to them. And they taste as good as they look!
- Mini Pavlovas: These little meringue desserts are so pretty to look at! They’re topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream, and they are just yummy.
- Chocolate Pots de Creme: Serve fluffy chocolate pudding in beautiful pots (or whatever fancy dishes you might have) for a simple yet elegant dessert.
- White Chocolate Coconut Easter Cake: This cake is topped off with coconut flakes and mini eggs to make the most beautiful Easter dessert!
- Lemon Blackberry Cake: This tangy, zesty, fruity cake looks absolutely stunning, and it will surely impress holiday guests.
Easy Easter Cakes
These Easter cake recipes are our favorites for Spring. They’re easy to make, beautiful to look at, and they will easily serve a crowd.
- Strawberry Pound Cake: This cake is sweet, tangy, and fruity! It’s absolutely delicious, and you can make it ahead of time so it’s ready to serve on Easter Sunday.
- Texas Sheet Cake: This moist chocolate cake is so easy to make, and it’s always a hit! It feeds a crowd, so there’s plenty for all of your guests.
- Italian Cream Cake: Another sheet cake that is great for Easter. It’s sweet and rich, and topped with cream cheese frosting and pecans.
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake: Banana is a great flavor for Easter treats because it’s light and fresh. This cake is so creamy and fluffy, everyone will enjoy it.
- Lemon Meringue Cake: This cake is layered with lemon curd and topped with meringue, and it’s bursting with flavor. It makes such a great Easter cake!
- Kentucky Butter Cake: A simple cake is drizzled with a buttery sauce then topped with strawberries and cream.
Cute Dessert Ideas for Easter
These dessert ideas are so cute, colorful, and fun. Kids will adore these sweet treats, and they look great on the dessert table.
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies: Two moist carrot cake flavored cookies are stuffed with cream cheese. They’re easy to eat and so delicious!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups: Make these easy, individual-sized dessert cups for your Easter guests. They’re delicious and they look so cute!
- Tie-Dye Cookies: These butter cookies are dyed different colors to make a super fun and colorful little treat. Change up the colors to make them more Easter-y and the kids will eat them up!
- Homemade Cannolis: These crispy little cannolis are just so tasty. It’s a simpler type of dessert to serve along with coffee, but still satisfies the sweet tooth.
- Coconut Macaroons: These soft and chewy little cookies are filled with shredded coconut for a deliciously sweet treat. They’re so cute to share and eat!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes: These cupcakes are the best dessert idea for Easter. They’re delicious, easy to make, and everyone will love them.
- M&M Cookies: These kid-friendly cookies are hard to resist. The colorful candies are cute, and the cookie is just perfectly soft and chewy.
- Easter Rice Krispies Treats: These are topped with pastel M&Ms and white chocolate, which makes the cutest treat.
- Bunny Bark: Chocolate bark is decorated to look like little Easter bunnies, and it is SO adorable.
- Easter Macarons: Decorate these fluffy macarons to look like Easter eggs, or any way you like.
Chocolate Easter Desserts
Chocolate lovers will be pleased with these dessert recipes. Nothing beats rich, delicious chocolate, in any form!
- Salted Chocolate Cheesecake Bars: These sweet and salty cheesecake bars can be made ahead of time, and cut into enough slices to feed everyone.
- Velvet Chocolate Cake: This is the best chocolate cake recipe, it looks beautiful, and it’s topped off with a delicious chocolate ganache. It’s like heaven!
- Chocolate Cream Pie: Make this recipe for a super creamy, decadent pie that will satisfy chocolate cravings.
- Mocha Cookies: These cookies are made with espresso, cocoa powder, and espresso chips for the perfect chocolatey pick-me-up.
- Chocolate Fudge: Classic fudge is easy to make, and you can make a big batch ahead of time. This is such a delicious Easter dessert.
- Chocolate Lasagna: This dessert lasagna is just layers of chocolatey goodness: Oreo crust, chocolate pudding, and more. It’s an easy no-bake dessert idea and it’s just so good.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie: If you love pecan pie, but want something a little more chocolate-y, this recipe is for you. It’s a classic, but even better.
Sweet and Healthy Treats
If you need something a little bit lighter or healthier for Easter, these recipes are for you. Make sure everyone’s dietary concerns are met with gluten-free and sugar-free options too.
- Gluten-free Lemon Squares: Make a gluten-free version of the classic lemon bars that everyone can enjoy. They are so delicious, and easy to slice and serve to a crowd.
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars: This is a deliciously sweet dessert for Easter, and it’s a low-calorie, low fat version of a favorite.
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies: Make your chocolate chip cookies a little bit healthier with zucchini. It adds great texture and moisture for a delicious Easter cookie.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip: This dip is so creamy and delicious, and it’s easy to make. Put it at the center of a colorful fruit board to add an extra twist to healthy fruit.
- Gluten-Free Brownies: These brownies are just as chocolatey and chewy, without the gluten!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad: Layers of buttery pretzel, low fat cream cheese, and strawberry jello make the best dessert for Easter Sunday. And you can make this sugar-free too!
No matter what you choose to make for Easter dessert, it will be a hit. These recipes and ideas are easy to make, delicious, and most can be made ahead of time. Serve up any of these sweet treats and enjoy!