Mini Fried Taco Pizza Pockets make such a fun and simple party appetizer or after school snack. Delicious taco flavors wrapped up in a bite-size pocket!
Wonton Pizza Pockets
They’re delicious and fancy enough to serve at any holiday party, yet simple enough to feed hungry kids after school. The perfect little snack!
Wonton wrappers are the perfect pockets to fill with your favorite filling. They fry up crisp and golden and are the hit of any party!
Be sure to try my Homemade Wonton Chips too!
Why you will love this recipe!
- Easy to adapt: You can easily mix up your proteins and fillings to make these exactly to your tastes.
- Perfect for entertaining: These are a great appetizer to serve throughout the holidays, and they are always a hit on game day!
- So delicious! Super crispy with a rich Mexican filling, they are so addictive!
How to make taco pizza pockets
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Brown the meat and stir in the seasoning and tomatoes.
- Fill, fold and seal the wonton wrappers.
- Deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
How to fold wonton wrappers
Wonton wrappers are a fun and simple appetizer and you can use them in a million ways. For these mini fried taco pizza pockets, simply place a bit of filling on each square, then fold into a triangle, and fry. Easy peasy!
Pizza Pocket Fillings
These little cuties are so simple to make. And you can fill them with just about anything you like: green chilis or jalapeños, shredded chicken, veggies, or different types of cheese. For this recipe I used:
- Wonton wrappers
- Shredded cheese
- Ground beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour cream and cilantro for dipping
Can you make them ahead of time?
These are best served as soon as they are cooked so that the wontons are nice and crispy. You can fill and fold them a few hours ahead of time so you just have to fry and serve.
If you do have leftovers, they will keep well for a day or two in the fridge, and should be reheated quickly at a high temperature in the oven so that they get crispy again.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Don’t overfill the wonton wrappers, they should fold over easily so that the filling doesn’t escape.
- Add enough oil to your pot to fully cover the taco pizza pockets, otherwise they can stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure your oil is hot before frying.
- Cook in batches so that the temperature of the oil doesn’t drop.
Cook up a batch of these for your next get-together and watch them disappear! They are so fun to make, too. Enjoy this time in the kitchen and happy eating!
More Mexican Recipes
- Loaded Cowboy Queso
- Enchilada Cups
- King Ranch Chicken Rotel Dip
- Healthy Queso
- Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
- Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- Taquitos Recipe with Green Chile
- Mexican Rice Recipe
- Southwest Turkey Chili Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!