These St. Patrick’s Day desserts are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday! Whether you want something green and festive or more traditional, these recipes will do the trick. Make cookies and cakes, mint flavored treats, or boozy dessert drinks to keep the party going.
Desserts for St. Patrick’s Day
Once you’ve finished off all of the great St. Patrick’s Day foods, it’s time to pull out something sweet!
Whether you’re throwing a St. Patty’s Day celebration at home, looking for something to bring with you to a party, or sending treats to school with the kids, you’re going to love these easy dessert recipes.
Make any of these St. Patrick’s Day desserts, cookies, cakes, or drinks to get in the spirit of the holiday. There are plenty of green desserts, mint-y (and chocolate-y) treats, boozy desserts, and some traditional recipes too.
Festive St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
These traditional and festive dessert recipes are just right for any St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
- Irish Whiskey Bread Pudding: This traditional dessert is made with an incredible whiskey caramel sauce and it’s so cozy.
- Shamrock Shake: Everyone loves this festive green mint milkshake, and it’s so easy to make at home! I used lighter ingredients for a healthier option that’s just as tasty.
- Shortbread Cookies: You only need 3 ingredients to make this classic cookie. Rich, buttery, and delicious.
- Tie-Dye Butter Cookies: Use food coloring to make fun tie-dye cookies. Use green and gold for St. Patty’s Day! The kids will love helping with these.
- Soft Sugar Cookies: Sugar cookies are always great for holidays, and you can use green frosting or sprinkles to finish decorating.
- Candy Rice Krispie Treats: These homemade treats are filled with tons of chocolates and candies for a fun dessert bar you can bring to parties or send to school with the kids.
- Gold Cake Pops: Make these cake pops covered in gold and glitter for a festive party treat. These are definitely the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Mint Green Desserts
These mint-flavored and green desserts will ensure you don’t get pinched on St. Patty’s Day! These are the perfect color, and the mix of mint and chocolate always tastes amazing.
- Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Pie: Mint chocolate chip ice cream in an Oreo cookie crust. It’s mint, it’s green, and it’s exactly what you need to celebrate.
- Mint Chocolate Swiss Roll: Super soft and moist chocolate cake is rolled up with creme de menthe filling. It’s a mint dessert that everyone will love.
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies: These make great St. Patrick’s Day cookies. Chocolate and mint cookies is an unbeatable pairing!
- Puppy Chow: This is an addictively sweet snack. Make the original chocolate and peanut butter version, or make a mint chocolate version.
- Andes Mint Fudge: Make the most delicious mint-y fudge with just 2 ingredients.
- Green Mint Milk: This sweet flavored milk is made with vanilla and mint extracts and a bit of green food coloring to make it festive.
Boozy Dessert Drinks
Keep the party going with these boozy drinks that are both delicious and indulgent. A dessert and cocktail in one!
- Irish Cream Milkshake: This boozy milkshake is made with homemade Irish cream and coffee ice cream for an easy treat.
- St. Patrick’s Day Punch: Make this delicious party punch to celebrate. Green punch served with lime sherbet looks so festive. You can easily add vodka, rum, tequila, or whichever liquor you prefer.
- Frozen Mudslide: This ice cream drink is made with both Irish cream and Kahlua for another tasty dessert drink.
- Peach Jello Shots: Jell-o shots are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day parties. Get your drink and sweets in one.
- Alcoholic Root Beer Float: The combination of sweet root beer, ice cream, and vodka makes an easy treat.
- Homemade Eggnog: Make a batch of this creamy, cozy drink for a crowd. It’s made with brandy and rum, and it’s perfectly spiced.
Fun Treats for St. Patty’s Day
Whether you’re throwing a party or sending treats off to school with the kids, these easy St. Patrick’s Day desserts are all easy to make, easy to store, and fun to eat.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels: This sweet and salty snack is so easy to make, and it’s sure to please at parties and holiday celebrations.
- Cream Cheese Mints: These old-fashioned mints are so chewy and delicious. It’s easy to make a huge batch for parties, and you can make them all green, or any color you like.
- Buckeye Candy: Peanut butter and chocolate is a winning combination. Make a huge batch of this beloved treat to bring to work or parties.
- Rum Balls: Rum balls are a great dessert to make for St. Patrick’s Day. Chocolate and coconut flavors, made with rum, and bite-sized for easy eating.
- Cosmic Brownies: The colorful sprinkles on top of these homemade brownies make them feel extra fun and festive.
- Millionaire Bars: Layers of shortbread cookie, caramel, and chocolate makes these chewy dessert bars fun for all. There’s a little something for everyone!
- Pinwheel Cookies: These chocolate and vanilla swirled cookies are a classic, and they look like they came straight from the bakery.
Enjoy all of your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with these easy desserts. Fun, festive, tasty, and easy, they really check off all the boxes!