These delicious naan rolls are so soft and fluffy, they make a great addition to any meal. These easy dinner rolls have layers and layers to them so that they are wonderfully light.
You can’t beat a good dinner roll to accompany a meal, and when they are this light and fluffy, they really don’t get much better! I just know you are going to love these naan rolls!
How To Make Naan Rolls
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prep: Oil the inside of a large bowl.
- Combine: Mix the water, yogurt, oil, and egg yolk together. Process the dry ingredients in a food processor and slowly add the wet. Let the mixture sit before adding the salt and process until it forms a ball. Knead the doll, place in the oiled bowl, and let it sit.
- Fold and rest: Fold and rest the dough three times before dividing it into equal pieces and placing on a baking sheet for one last rest.
- Bake: Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle over the salt. Bake in a pre-heated oven until golden brown.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How long do they keep?
Once the rolls have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days and remain light and fluffy.
Can you freeze them?
You can freeze these baked naan rolls for up to a month. Once they have cooled completely, double wrap them in foil and place in a freezer bag. The rolls will keep well frozen for up to one month, after that they can develop freezer burn. Thaw them at room temperature.
Light and Fluffy Dinner Rolls
I just know this will end up being your go-to recipe for dinner rolls – I mean, just look at those layers! It’s so worth the little effort of folding and letting the dough rest! Everyone is going to be asking for this recipe, I promise!
These naan rolls will taste good with just about any dinner. I think they’re really great at soaking up sauces, so I definitely recommend them with saucier dishes, soups, and chilis. They also taste amazing dipped in hummus.
Here are a few recipes I recommend serving them with.
- Best Chicken Tikka Masala
- Dairy-Free Chicken Curry
- Thai Vegetable Curry
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Don’t skip the folding and resting steps. It’s what makes these naan rolls so good!
- Bake the rolls in a pre-heated oven so that they bake evenly.
- Don’t substitute the yogurt for low or nonfat.
If you love naan bread, then you’re going to love these fluffy dinner rolls!
More Bread Recipes
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Bread
- Easy Garlic Bread
- Sweet Potato Bread Rolls
- Garlic Pull Apart Rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread
- Homemade Sandwich Bread
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!