Peppercorn Skillet Steak with Brandy Cream Sauce is the ultimate recipe for cooking steak in a skillet! This SKILLET STEAK is smothered in a Peppercorn Brandy Cream Sauce fit for a king. Once I learned how to cook steak in a skillet, I’ll never cook filet mignon any other way. Peppercorn Steak is my new favorite steak recipe!
Easy Skillet Steak Recipe
This Skillet Steak is EVERYTHING! I love the spicy peppercorn crust mixed with the Brandy Cream Sauce. YOU GUYS. I’m completely in LOVE with today’s recipe…The ultimate, perfect, BEST EVER SKILLET STEAK. Rarely have I been this proud of a recipe, and I cannot wait for you to try it for yourselves! If you’ve wanted to learn how to cook steak in a skillet…today is your day. You won’t regret it!
Cooking Steak in a Skillet couldn’t be easier. We have made this steak recipe fool proof. You’ll feel like you’re at your favorite high end steak restaurant and you’ll feel like an absolute CHEF. LOVE IT!
Stainless Steel Skillet Steak
I get to work with a lot of amazing brands for The Cookie Rookie, but rarely are they non-food items. That makes today especially exciting. I got to test out these AMAAAAZING Made In Cookware items and…all I can say is wow. The price point is affordable, the quality is INSANE, the look is just right, and they’re perfect for every lifestyle.
When I decided I would learn how to cook steak in a skillet, I knew I needed good cookware.
I love that Made In believes in great cooking experiences for EVERYONE, and that starts with great cookware. Pat and I received a different cookware set for our wedding. At the time I wasn’t blogging and had never cooked a day in my life. I had no idea what to register for. Within a year, the nonstick was flaking and the other items were stained and burned.
I wish I would have done a little research and registered for something like this Made In Cookware Core Set. It has everything you need to make amazing meals in the kitchen. It’s the ultimate gift for someone you love or especially for yourself.
Peppercorn Skillet Steak with Brandy Cream Sauce
I plan to make stovetop skillet steaks more often. I was always scared before because the sear would never come out as expected. The middle was never the right color. They were always a disappointment. You can tell that today was a success…we are eating good and I don’t even care that we stuffed our faces for Thanksgiving yesterday. SO WORTH IT.
Cooking steak in a skillet is as simple as following the instructions below in the recipe card. I researched a lot of sources for this recipe and the steaks have come out perfect for me every time!
Tips for cooking steak in a skillet:
- Try to only turn the steaks once, and not move or disturb them while they cook on each side. This is very helpful in making sure they don’t dry out.
- Internal temperatures for steak is as follows: 130-135 for rare, 140 for med rare, 155 for med, and 165 for well done. I hesitate to even give you those last temps because no one better be cooking their steak to well done. That’s a waste of expensive steak right there!
- Always get good cuts of meat. It makes all the difference. I love filet mignon but some other juicy cuts include New York Strip, Ribeye, and T-Bone. It all just depends on how much fat you want on your steak.
- Tent the completed steaks with foil while making your sauce. This will keep them warm and help them not to dry out.
I just know you’re going to love this Best Ever Skillet Steak as much as we do. Pat’s already requested I make it again next week. I have a feeling we will spending a lot of money on good steak this Winter! It’s just wayyy too delicious not to have over and over again. Now that I know how to cook steak in a skillet, I’m never turning back!
I truly never thought I’d be writing posts about how to cook Steak in a Skillet. I thought I’d be the girl who always ordered steak and never made it at home. This Skillet Steak Recipe has changed all that!
This Stovetop Steak pairs beautifully with side dishes such as melting potatoes, brussels sprouts, lemon butter asparagus, sweet potato chips, or even shoestring fries. The Brandy Cream Sauce is also delicious poured over Baked Potatoes…just sayin.
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Cook Steak in a Skillet. Enjoy!
Try these other amazing steak recipes:
- Restaurant Steak with Cilantro Steak Butter
- Seared New York Strip Steak
- Steak and Vegetable Skewers with Cilantro Pesto
- Garlic Rosemary Steak with Sherry Cream Sauce
- Steak with Sherry Sauce
- Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter