Weight Watchers Lasagna only has 8 Weight Watchers Points! Can you believe this Skinny Cheat’s Lasagna is actually healthy? It’s secretly thickened up with extra vegetables like carrots, zucchini, and celery, making it the perfect healthy comfort food. This Easy Lasagna Recipe is sure to make you feel like you’re indulging, without the guilt. We LOVE this Healthy Lasagna Recipe!
Weight Watchers Lasagna is an delicious comfort food recipe you don’t have to feel bad about.
This Healthy Lasagna Recipe is a must make. With New Years resolutions looming large over our January decisions, I’ve really been trying to find some new and easy healthy recipes to show you. I’m a firm believer in moderation and have never been into strict diets. Henry is over 10 months now, but I’m still feeling like I have a little baby weight to lose, so for me I’m just trying to make little tweaks here and there to make favorite recipes a little less indulgent.
This Weight Watcher’s Lasagna tastes like you’re cheating on your diet, but you’re not. It has all the things you love about lasagna…beef, noodles, and tomatoes. You’re never going to miss the other junk. :)
This Healthy Lasagna Recipe uses chopped vegetables like carrots to thicken up the consistency without adding in the calories.
Weight Watcher’s Lasagna is made secretly healthy by bulking it up with extra veggies. Carrots, Zucchini, Onions, and Celery finely chopped add to the beef to make a hearty and flavorful filling, without piling on the calories. Just trust me on this one, it tastes amazing.
How do you make this a Healthy Lasagna Recipe?
- This Healthy Lasagna Recipe uses lots of veggies to make it hearty while skimping on calories. It only has 8 Weight Watchers Points!
- We use whole milk mozzarella pearls as well as non fat shredded cheese to make sure this Healthy Lasagna Recipe is still cheesy and delicious, but also not terrible for your waist line.
- It still has all of the flavors of a Classic Lasagna with less fat and less calories. Win win!
This Healthy Lasagna Recipe still feels like comfort food. Trust me!
Now normally, as you know, I’m a huge cheese lover. And that’s hasn’t ended, trust me. But not every recipe, not even every LASAGNA recipe, needs to be layered in every type of cheese. We skipped the traditional ricotta cheese found in lasagna and also skipped tons and tons of shredded cheese on top.
We did broil on some low fat shredded cheese on top…because like I said, everything in moderation! What would lasagna be without cheese? Live a little!
I’m so excited about this Healthy Lasagna Recipe because it proves that not all indulgent recipes have to require stretchy pants. We can live up to our New Years Resolutions while still enjoying what we eat. I think that’s important to keeping up with goals. Can’t hate every moment of it.
Some other notable healthy recipes that people just love on the site are Salmon with Avocado Salsa, Skinny Margarita, Baked Fried Chicken, Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Who says healthy recipes can’t have tons of flavor?!
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Weight Watchers Lasagna Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1 zucchini peeled and diced
- ½ medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck chicken or turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce can, UNDRAINED
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 5 Barilla Oven-Ready lasagna sheets broken roughly into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup Mozzarella Pearls, optional
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ cup fresh basil coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the carrots and celery for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced onion and zucchini and sauté approximately 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent and zucchini has softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme, stir, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook 2-4 minutes or until beef has browned. Stir to break up any chunks of meat.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1-cup water and tomato paste.
- Do a taste test, and season, to taste, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the pasta pieces and mozzarella pearls and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Top the beef mixture with the Italian Cheese Blend and broil just until cheese has melted and top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with side salad and oven-toasted, buttery crostini.