This slow cooker brisket recipe guarantees tender and flavorful beef every time. This dump and leave recipe can be made up to a day in advance of serving and is perfect for a holiday meal.
When it comes to preparing a big family meal, I’m all about making it as easy and stress free as possible and that often means making a lot of the dishes ahead of time. This brisket is cooked the day before you need to serve it and it’s pretty hands off too!
How to Make This Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe
- Spray a 6-quart (or larger) slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pierce both sides of the brisket, about 3-4 inches apart, with a fork.
- Generously sprinkle the entire brisket with garlic salt, onion powder, seasoned salt, paprika and black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and chicken stock.
- Cut the brisket in-half, crosswise, so it fits in the slow-cooker.
- Place half the brisket in the slow-cooker, fat-side up, and pour half the liquid mixture over the brisket half.
- Add the other half of the brisket to the slow-cooker, fat-side up and pour the remaining half of the liquid mixture over the top portion of brisket.
- Cover and set the slow-cooker to LOW. Cook 6 hours and flip-flop the positions of the brisket pieces (put the bottom portion on top and the top portion on the bottom).
- Cover and cook an additional 3-5 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. It should be tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Transfer the brisket from the slow-cooker to a large pan and cover it with foil. Let it cool to touch and refrigerate overnight. Spoon the sauce/cooking juices into a separate dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, take the solidified fat off the pan juices and discard. Save the remaining pan juices for spooning over the brisket, if desired.
- Slice the brisket to desired thickness, place in a serving dish, cover with and heat. Serve warm.
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Recipe
Beef brisket is a tough cut of meat, so to transform it into a tender piece of meat it requires a long and slow cook. That’s where the trusty crock pot comes in! This is a great dump and leave it recipe and it results in a perfectly tender piece of beef that the whole family will love.
What do you serve with Slow Cooker Beef Brisket?
This beef recipe makes the perfect centrepiece for any holiday menu or celebration. It’s a great alternative to turkey for your Thanksgiving. Serve it up with all of your favorite sides like:
- Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Cheesy Crispy Baked Green Beans
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Pears, Blue Cheese, and Walnuts
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
How long does it take to cook beef brisket in the slow cooker?
A 6 pound piece of brisket will take around 9 to 11 hours. It is possible to over cook the brisket so be sure to check it several times during the last part of cooking. The beef should be fork tender, but not falling apart, we want to slice it not shred it! I love how easy and hands off it is to create such a tasty piece of beef!
What’s the best cut of brisket to use in this recipe?
Brisket comes in two cuts, flat and point. For the best results you want to get flat cut, also known as first cut. It’s leaner and slices well, so be sure to ask for this cut if you don’t see it immediately at your butchers.
Top Tips to Make This Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Recipe
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray before adding the ingredients.
- The brisket is ready when it is tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Be sure to save the juices after the beef is cooked.
- Gently reheat the brisket in the oven before serving.
For More Tasty Beef Recipes:
- One Pan Cheesy Beef Breakfast Scramble (Skillet Breakfast Casserole)
- Sweet and Sour Brisket
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas Supreme (Best Beef Enchilada Recipe)
- Beef Bourguignon Recipe (Beef Burgundy Recipe)
- Roasted Ground Beef Chili