This Rosemary Garlic Mashed Cauliflower may be healthier, but tastes just as good as Mashed Potatoes! Perfect for Thanksgiving!
When I first started cooking, which as you probably know was NOT long ago, I never imagined I’d be making Mashed Cauliflower someday. I never imagined I’d be making much other than Easy Mac and Lean Cuisine!! Over the past year and a half I’ve found my passion. All of a sudden I’m making Rosemary Garlic Mashed Cauliflower.
I was skeptical, I’ll be honest. But this healthy(er) side was creamy, delicious, and best of all, EASY. This will definitely be making its way to our Thanksgiving table! There will be enough non-healthy items there. I guess I could add just a few less fattening options! What are your favorite ways to make holiday favorites healthier? I would love to hear your tricks! The more I learn, the more fun it is to try different things. Its always surprising how even healthier foods can taste just as great! Granted, this still has butter, but we are into baby steps around here!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 3 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (sauteed if you aren't buying it already prepared)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped into small pieces
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling, cook the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove and drain cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower along with all other ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITE (SKINNY) SIDES AND RECIPES!