Super simple and super delicious, these Air Fryer Mushrooms are tossed in oil and garlic then cooked to perfection in the air fryer. An easy appetizer or side dish for any occasion!
Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
These air fryer mushrooms are the perfect side dish to pair with steaks, chicken, burgers, or your favorite entree. They’re a great little appetizer too!
Whipped up in minutes using the air fryer, these flavorful baby portobello mushrooms come out with that perfect meaty, slightly spongy texture every time! They make for an easy vegetarian side dish or even an appetizer. Using the air fryer is a great way to free up your oven, perfect for parties and holiday feasts
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Mushroom Recipe:
- SAVORY: The mushrooms are perfectly seasoned then coated with oil and garlic for a savory hit.
- EASY: Only 5 ingredients needed, you can whip up a batch of these beauties in 10 mins.
- CROWD PLEASER: A great vegetarian side dish, plus it’s gluten free – perfect to please the whole crowd.
These crispy mushrooms are great as a side dish but awesome as an appetizer too! You can even serve these up for a healthier game-day snack.
How to Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Halve the mushrooms then toss in the oil, garlic, and seasoning.
- Cook for 9-10 mins in the air fryer.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is so quick and simple. Just a couple of steps and you’re done!
I used baby portobello mushrooms, but you can use any fresh mushrooms you like, such as white button mushrooms, brown mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, or cremini mushrooms.
The easiest way to clean mushrooms is to rinse them in a colander to wash away the dirt. Gently brush off any dirt, then pat the mushrooms dry.
Yes, you need to use either oil or melted butter. Otherwise, the mushrooms will be dry and unpleasant. For a lower calorie option, spray the mushrooms with cooking spray.
These mushrooms work well with so many mains, especially steak and chicken. Here are some other faves:
- Baked Ranch Chicken with Bacon
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Sheet Pan Lemon Salmon
- Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
These air fryer mushrooms serve up a hearty, healthy side dish that’s packed with garlic flavor!
Store cooked mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze cooked mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 10 months. Reheat from frozen for best results.
This recipe is really just a base for great mushrooms. You can add any seasonings or marinades you like to these mushrooms, such as:
- Garlic Parmesan: Add ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese and an extra clove of garlic.
- Italian: Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Lemon Garlic: Add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Soy: Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Worcestershire: Add 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Make It A Meal
More Vegetable Recipes We Love
- Crispy Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella & Parmesan
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Roasted Mushrooms
With just 5 ingredients you can rustle up a big batch of these delicious air fryer mushrooms! Have them as a healthy appetizer, side, or game day snack. It’s a dish that plays well with so many main dishes, perfect when you need a satisfying side, stat!
More Air Fried Side Dishes to Try:
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.