Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a wonderful meat-free appetizer that pack a flavorful punch! Baked cauliflower florets are tossed in a spicy Buffalo BBQ sauce and dipped in Buffalo ranch dressing for the ultimate vegetarian snack.
BBQ Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
What is it about Buffalo sauce that makes it so addictive? No matter what it’s on, I’m hooked, and these Buffalo cauliflower wings are no exception! With the same savory flavors and hearty texture as classic Buffalo wings, these baked cauliflower wings are a welcome vegetarian addition to any game day or potluck foods.
These cauliflower wings are dipped into a from-scratch batter, tossed in a Buffalo BBQ sauce, and served with a homemade Buffalo ranch dressing for the ultimate Buffalo appetizer.
Why You’ll Love this Cauliflower Wings Recipe:
- VEGETARIAN: Wings aren’t just for meat eaters! Meat lovers and vegetarians alike love these baked Buffalo cauliflower wings.
- ADDICTIVE: Trust me, these beauties disappear quickly! I recommend making a double batch if serving a crowd.
- FLAVORFUL: If you love everything Buffalo, these wings are for you.
No tailgate or Super Bowl party is complete without something Buffalo flavored. Add these Buffalo cauliflower wings to your menu!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the Buffalo ranch dressing and refrigerate until serving.
- Mix the batter ingredients together.
- Dip cauliflower florets into the batter and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower until crispy.
- While the cauliflower bakes, make the Buffalo BBQ sauce.
- Toss the baked cauliflower in the Buffalo BBQ sauce.
- Serve with Buffalo ranch dressing.
I don’t recommend it. Fresh cauliflower florets are best! To save time, instead of chopping a head of cauliflower into florets, pick up a couple bags of pre-cut cauliflower.
Use your favorite Buffalo sauce and hot sauce in this appetizer recipe.
Absolutely. Instead of making homemade Buffalo ranch dressing, mix 3 tablespoons of Buffalo sauce into ½ cup of store bought ranch dressing.
For best taste and texture, these cauliflower wings are best enjoyed immediately after baking. If you do have leftover wings, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Pair Buffalo cauliflower wings with other favorite savory appetizers like:
These cauliflower wings are seriously addictive, so be sure to make a double batch!
- Instead of sparkling water, try using beer in the cauliflower batter. It adds a delicious flavor!
- The batter should be a little thinner than pancake batter. If needed, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until the batter is the correct consistency. It should stick to the cauliflower after dipping.
- Spray the cauliflower with nonstick spray halfway through baking to really crisp up the “wings.”
After just one bite, you’ll fall in love with this baked cauliflower recipe!
How should I reheat cauliflower wings?
For best tasting leftovers, reheat cauliflower wings in the oven at 400°F for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
What can I use instead of sparkling water in the batter?
Instead of sparkling water try using the same amount of beer (or gluten free beer). The carbonation keeps the Buffalo coating light and crispy!
Can I make these cauliflower wings vegan and gluten-free?
Yes! To make these vegan, use a plant-based mayo alternative. To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free 1:1 flour (like Bob’s Red Mill or Cup4Cup) and sparkling water (or gluten free beer) in the cauliflower batter. Make sure the Buffalo/hot sauce you choose is also gluten free.
More Game Day Recipes We Love
Even meat eaters can’t resist these Buffalo cauliflower wings!
More Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- Antipasto Skewers
- Creamy Spinach Crostini
- Instant Pot Queso Dip
- Mini Margherita Pizzas
- Apple Pie Baked Brie
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!