Tequila Lime BAKED Tortilla Chips, baked and not fried! This simple healthy chips recipe can be made in minutes at home, using soft flour tortillas.
In case you haven’t noticed, we are a family that LOVES chips and dip. Should I have made this a blog solely devoted to dip recipes and cocktails? Probably. I can never get enough appetizers! In order to enjoy all of those cheesy amazing dips, we go through a LOT of chips. Which are pricey. So why not make them at home? They’re so much easier than I ever thought, and so much tastier than store bought. AND, they’re so much healthier because we bake them instead of deep frying them.
Make some Tequila Lime Baked Tortilla Chips and you’re really on to something. Sound good?
I saw a recipe for Baked Tortilla Chips on one of my favorite favorite blogs, The Baker Mama. Maegan has SO many amazing recipes and also the most adorable family. She was a favorite before I even started blogging, and is still one I check weekly for new and exciting posts! Her chips looked so delicious and easy (click HERE for the recipe), but I knew I wanted to make mine a fun flavor; TEQUILA LIME! I used Old El Paso Burrito Tortillas, and they were the perfect size. (NOT sponsored, I just LOVE! I always keep them stocked in my pantry.)
These make for perfect healthy dippers, or even just a great snack on their own. I love the extra flavor the Tequila Lime brings to the table. The table filled with queso, salsa, and dips of all kinds!
If you’re hungry for a little more than an appetizer, use these baked tortilla chips to create sheet pan chicken nachos. Easy chicken dinner, right?
Here’s to lots of happy, healthy dipping of your baked tortilla chips!
- 6, 8 " Flour Tortillas I used Old El Paso brand, cut into 8 even wedges each (so 48 wedges total)
- Olive Oil spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons good quality tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt or sea salt flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set to medium/high heat, combine the sugar, tequila, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet, making sure they don't overlap (this recipe will make two baking sheets worth)
- Spray the tortillas very lightly with the olive oil spray.
- Brush each tortilla liberally with the tequila mixture.
- Sprinkle each chip lightly with sea salt flakes or sea salt. (a little goes a LONG way)
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, turning the pan in the oven half way through. Monitor closely to make sure the chips don't burn, as ovens vary. The chips are done with they begin to brown on the sides and are crisp.