Homemade Cheeseburger Egg rolls are loaded with a cheeseburger filling and dipped in ketchup for the ultimate appetizer. Cooked in the air fryer, this is a fun and flavorful twist on classic egg rolls.
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Calling all burger lovers! If you’re looking for a unique twist on the classic burger, cheeseburger egg rolls are for you. All of the same great burger flavors (seasoned ground beef, melty cheese, and tangy pickles) are rolled into wonton wrappers and air fried to perfection.
These egg rolls cook quickly in the air fryer for an impressive appetizer you can whip up in minutes!
Why You’ll Love this Egg Rolls Recipe:
- SIMPLE: Air fryer recipes are usually pretty simple, and these egg rolls are no exception. They come together quickly and easily with simple ingredients and simple steps.
- FUN TO MAKE: Like all egg rolls, this cheeseburger variation is fun to prep and assemble.
- UNIQUE: Cheeseburger egg rolls are such a unique twist on classic egg rolls and classic burgers. Everyone loves them!
Dipped in ketchup, mustard, or BBQ sauce, these egg rolls always wow a crowd.
How to Make Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the beef.
- Prepare the egg wash.
- Make the cheeseburger filling.
- Assemble the egg rolls.
- Cook until crispy in the air fryer.
Cheeseburger Egg Roll Ingredients
- Meat: I used 80/20 ground beef for these egg rolls, but use ground chicken or turkey if you prefer.
- Spices: Garlic powder, paprika, and salt season the meat so it really tastes like a cheeseburger! Feel free to use 1 tablespoon of your favorite burger seasoning instead.
- Cheese: Cheddar cheese is my go-to for classic cheeseburgers, but use your favorite kind.
- Green Onions: Add a subtle onion flavor. Sweet or red onions would also be delicious.
- Pickles: Dill pickles add freshness, acidity, and a bit of saltiness.
- Egg Roll Wrappers: These are thin, wonton-like sheets of dough that you can find in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. For mini egg rolls, use wonton wrappers.
- Egg: An egg wash seals each egg roll and creates a crisp exterior.
Yes! Instead of ground beef, try ground chicken or turkey.
Serve these egg rolls with your favorite burger condiments like ketchup, mustard, or relish.
To keep the egg rolls crispy, reheat them in the air fryer at 375°F until warm, about 5 minutes.
While this cheeseburger filling is gluten free, the egg roll wrappers are not. To make gluten free egg rolls, use gluten free egg roll wrappers or try using spring roll wrappers. If using spring roll wrappers, be very careful as they are incredibly thin and can tear easily.
Serve cheeseburger egg rolls with a variety of dipping sauces and other snacks like:
- To prevent the cheese from melting, let the beef mixture cool for 10-15 minutes before continuing with step 4.
- Place the egg rolls seam-side down in the air fryer to prevent them from bursting while they cook.
- Flip the egg rolls halfway through cooking so they cook evenly.
These cheeseburger egg rolls are a must try for any burger lover!
What kind of cheese should I use?
Cheddar cheese is my go-to for classic cheeseburgers, but use your favorite kind in these egg rolls!
Where can I buy egg roll wrappers?
Look for egg roll wrappers in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
Can I make mini egg rolls?
Yes! For mini egg rolls, use wonton wrappers. They’ll take less time to cook so keep an eye on them.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes We Love
With a crispy wrapper and juicy filling, you won’t be able to stop at just one cheeseburger egg roll!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!