This easy Chicken Piccata is a firm favorite in our house! Tender chicken breasts, dredged in flour, in a deliciously zesty and savory sauce – so good!
Easy Chicken Piccata Pasta
Whip up this classic Italian dish in a flash, you will not be disappointed! Wonderfully tender chicken, dredged in flour and coated with a delectable lemon caper sauce. It makes for a great weeknight dinner!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Why not also try my Crockpot Chicken Fajitas and my Chicken Fried Rice!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Piccata Recipe:
- A ONE PAN MEAL: This really is one of the easiest and most delicious chicken recipes! Made mainly with kitchen staples and all rustled up in one pan.
- PERFECT CHICKEN: The chicken breasts are dredged in flour for a crispy edge, they come out super juicy too.
- A DELICIOUS PICCATA SAUCE: Made with chicken broth, white wine, lemon, capers and garlic – this savory and zesty sauce is pure joy!
Chicken Piccata is one of those quick and simple meals that the whole family will adore!
How to Make Chicken Piccata
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Dredge your chicken in flour and season.
- Cook chicken in a skillet until browned, set chicken aside.
- Add the onion, garlic to the skillet, sauté, then add in the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet
- Serve and enjoy!
The chicken is done cooking when the exterior is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
In place of the white wine, use an equal quantity of low sodium chicken broth or lemon juice.
Use your favorite kind of pasta! I love serving chicken piccata with angel hair or fettuccine, but use whatever you love most.
Yes! To make this recipe gluten free, use 1:1 gluten free flour (like Cup4Cup) in place of the all-purpose flour and use your favorite gluten free pasta.
You can go classic with some pasta, or make the meal even heartier by serving over mashed potatoes. There’s lots of sides to play go for, here’s some favorites:
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Sauteed Asparagus Recipe with Pancetta
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
The easy piccata sauce is simmered and reduced to bring out all those great flavors!
Store leftover chicken piccata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tips for Best Chicken Piccata
A cast iron skillet is a great choice for homemade chicken piccata. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, a high-walled sauté pan or frying pan also work well.
If you don’t have a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken you can use a sturdy cup or rolling pin, in a pinch.
Use juice from a real lemon, it tastes so much better than from the bottle.
More Skillet Chicken Recipes We Love
- French Onion Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Basil Chicken Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet Pie
Crispy edged, juicy chicken smothered in a light sauce which is packed with flavor, this easy chicken piccata recipe is the perfect one pan dinner that you and your family will love. It’s a simple and classic Italian dish which is utterly delicious – give it a whirl!
More Italian Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Creamy White Chicken Lasagna
- Grandma’s Best Meatballs
- Crockpot Spaghetti Casserole
- Easy Stromboli Recipe
- Easy Baked Ziti Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.