Wonderfully soft and studded with white chocolate chips, these Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are so easy to make and a taste of chocolate heaven. Only 5 ingredients needed!
- Cake Mix Chocolate Cookies
- Why You’ll Love this Easy Cookie Recipe:
- How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Storage Instructions
- Freezing Instructions
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Variations
- More Chocolate Recipes We Love
- More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Cake Mix Chocolate Cookies
Whenever your chocolate craving hits, whip up a batch of these little beauties! So simple to make, these cake mix chocolate cookies are perfect for a quick dessert, party or bake sale. Oven baked to perfection, bursting with chocolate flavor and loaded with with chocolate chips, these are a real crowd pleaser!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Cookie Recipe:
- AN EASY COOKIE RECIPE: One of the easiest cookie recipes you can make, only 5 ingredients needed!
- KID FRIENDLY: The little ones can help make (and eat!) these delicious and easy cookies.
- SOFT COOKIES: Soft and warm, the texture of these babies is melt in the mouth good!
From pantry to table, these scrumptious chocolate cake mix cookies only take 30 mins!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Betty Crocker™ is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Form balls with the dough and bake in a pre heated oven, in batches.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
I tested this recipe using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Favorites Devil’s Food Cake Mix. The cookies are incredibly rich and chocolatey with this cake mix, but feel free to use your favorite kind of chocolate cake mix in a 15¼-ounce box.
Make these cookies with any flavor of cake mix you love, not just chocolate.
Yes! Use an equal amount of melted butter for best results.
To make these cookies extra special, try turning them into pan-banging cookies. In step 4, tear each ball in half and stack the two pieces. Halfway through baking, remove the cookies from the oven and bang the baking sheet against the countertop. Return the cookies to the oven to finish baking. The cookies will have a wrinkly texture and a satisfying chew.
Just use your favorite chocolate cake mix and voila – delicious cookies in a flash!
Store leftover chocolate cake mix cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Store fully-baked chocolate cake mix cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Store unbaked cookie dough balls in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, add 2-3 minutes to the final baking time.
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Variations
These cake mix cookies are endlessly customizable. Swap out half or all of the white chocolate chips for your favorite chocolate chips, toffee pieces, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or mini peanut butter cups. For a holiday twist, substitute half of the pure vanilla extract for pure peppermint extract.
More Chocolate Recipes We Love
- Black Magic Chocolate Cake with BEST White Icing
- Chocolate Truffles
- S’more Brownie Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Swiss Roll
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These soft and chewy chocolate cake mix cookies are so simple to make, made with 5 ingredients and baked in 20 mins – you will be amazed that something so easy is so delicious!
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Loaded Chocolate Chip Giant Cookies Recipe
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Italian Anise Cookies (Riscotti Cookies)
- Pignoli Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.