This delectable Crockpot Chicken and Gravy easily turns plain chicken into the most wonderful weeknight meal! Perfect over rice, mashed potatoes or with some bread – delicious!
Chicken and Gravy in the Crockpot
Melt in the mouth chicken, smothered in a gloriously creamy gravy, this hearty and delicious chicken dinner couldn’t be easier! Crowd pleasing comfort at its best, just pop in the crockpot and away you go!
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Chicken Recipe:
- AN EASY DINNER RECIPE: All whipped up in the crockpot, using a handful of ingredients. Just mix them in the slow cooker and let it works its magic!
- KID FRIENDLY: A finger licking gravy over tender chicken, kids are love this protein packed and filling meal.
- VERSATILE: Ladle this deliciousness over your fave sides, like rice or mashed potatoes, you can’t go wrong!
This easy and delicious slow cooker recipe could not be easier, it’s a family favorite in our house!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Whisk your gravy ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours,
- Shred the chicken breasts, then add in the rest of your gravy ingredients.
- Garnish and serve over rice or your favorite side.
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
I do not recommend cooking chicken from frozen in the crockpot, as it spends too much time in the “temperature danger zone”, which could cause food poisoning. Be sure to thaw your chicken fully before using it.
You sure can! Omit the soup and gravy mix, and substitute with an equal amount of homemade gravy mixed with the low sodium chicken broth. I recommend starting with this make ahead gravy recipe and using chicken in place of the turkey.
This heart meal is great with white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, bread for dipping – so good! You can of course add more sides if you wish. Here’s some favorites:
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- Three Cheese Asparagus Gratin
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
The gravy is so good, made with sour cream and chicken soup, it has a rich and luscious flavor.
Store leftover crockpot chicken and gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Instead of cooked rice, serve the chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes or stuffing.
You could also serve over noodles or even slap this between some chunky bread for a super sandwich!
If you want to put in veggies, go for it! Peas, carrots or sweetcorn would be great.
More Easy Crockpot Recipes We Love
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crockpot Buffalo Wings
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Breast
This classic southern dish will warm your soul and bring a smile to your face! An easy slow cooker recipe that serves up juicy shredded chicken smothered in a finger licking gravy – perfect for aweeknight dinner!
More Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Smothered Chicken and Gravy
- Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Chicken Nachos
- Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.