Juicy chicken smothered in BBQ sauce, this Crockpot BBQ Chicken is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you can make! Great as an easy weeknight dinner or as a game day treat!
BBQ Chicken Breasts
Fall apart tender, smothered in your favorite BBQ sauce – you can’t go wrong with these foolproof BBQ Chicken Breasts! The BBQ flavor is amped up by adding brown sugar, garlic and cider vinegar, giving the sauce a deeper, richer flavor that’ll keep you coming back for more. All whipped up in the crockpot, hassle free and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This BBQ Chicken Recipe:
- AN EASY BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE: No standing over a hot stove, just throw the ingredients into the slow cooker!
- VERSATILE: The chicken is so tender, you can serve whole, sliced or shredded – great for weeknight meal or game day sliders!
- FLAVORFUL: Cooked low and slow, the chicken takes on all those gorgeous BBQ flavors!
No matter what time of the year, you can rustle up this recipe for a deliciously deep BBQ hit!
How to Make Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the chicken, and BBQ sauce mixture into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The thighs will have a bit more fat and flavor, while the breasts are a leaner option.
It is absolutely possible to overcook crockpot BBQ chicken. To avoid tough chicken, be sure to cook on high for 3-4 hours, and stop cooking when the breasts reach 165°F internally.
There are many easy ways to shred crockpot chicken. I recommend using 2 forks to shred the chicken right in the crockpot. You could also use meat shredding claws or dump the contents of the crockpot into the bowl of a stand mixer and let the paddle attachment do the shredding for you.
Once your shredded chicken is completely cooled, you can portion it into Ziplock bags or airtight containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Whole, sliced, diced, or shredded – this BBQ chicken is so versatile, here’s some favorite sides:
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe Two Ways
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- Crispy Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
This makes for a great taco or enchilada filling too, it’s an easy chicken recipe that keeps on giving!
Store leftover crockpot BBQ chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover BBQ chicken in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Make It A Meal
- Sandwiches: Shred the BBQ chicken and add it to buns topped with extra barbecue sauce, pickles, onions, and/or coleslaw.
- Potatoes: Serve with mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, or french fries.
- Veggies: Add a side of carrots, broccoli, or green beans.
- Two in One: Serve with pasta salad to cover both carbs and veggies in one easy side.
More BBQ Chicken Recipes We Love
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken
- One Pan Cheesy BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet
Hands down one of the easiest and tastiest chicken recipes you’ll find. The slow cooked chicken takes on all that rich BBQ flavor and just melts in the mouth! It’s a kid friendly, crowd pleaser you’ll want in your cooking repertoire – no fuss, no mess, all the yums!
More Easy Crockpot Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Ribs
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Fried Pickles
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Crockpot Goulash
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!