This Fried Chili Cheese Dip Skillet is one of our favorite ONE POT dip recipes for tailgating! Loaded with vibrant Mexican flavors, it’s made for sharing. Serve up with crunchy taco boats for scooping! Skillet cheese dip never looked so good!
Mexican Cheese Dip Recipe
Oh my GOSH you guys…Wednesday is my favorite holiday of the entire year!!!! NATIONAL CHIP AND DIP DAY!! Better than my birthday and better than Christmas. On my birthday, I have to stop eating chips and dip to eat cake. Blah. Oh Christmas I’m distracted by hams and cookies and everything in between. On Wednesday March 23th we can eat chips and dip ALL DAY LONG and not feel bad about it. Best Day Ever!
If you’re going to celebrate Chips and Dip with an entire holiday, you better make some good chips and dip!
This Fried Chili Cheese Dip Skillet with Deep Fried Mini Taco Boats is THE BEST EVER. It’s perfect for cheat day, tailgating, literally any party, and of COURSE National Chip and Dip Day! Loaded with Mexican flavors, it’s perfect for your cinco de mayo celebrations too!
Why You’ll Love this Cheesy Beef Chili Dip Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This is a pretty simple recipe to build, and the fact that it’s all made in one skillet means that even the clean up is a breeze!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This appetizer recipe will easily serve 8, and you can easily half or double it. It’s a super fun recipe that everyone will love dipping in to!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Made with a handful of easy to source ingredients, and if you are a fan of Mexican food, you are likely to already have most things to hand in your pantry!
This Fried Chili Cheese Dip HAS IT ALL. Cheese? Check. Ground beef? Check. Lots of flavor and spice? Check. TOTALLY SUPER SIMPLE AND MADE IN ONE POT? Check Check.
How to make chili cheese dip recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Deep fry the taco boats til browned and season with taco seasonings.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and stir in the green chilies and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the cream cheese and manchego.
- Stir in the pico de gallo.
- Top with mozzarella and allow to bubble. Do not stir.
- Serve warm with the fried taco boats for dipping.
As you guys know, I’m an ambassador for Old El Paso. Every time I work with their products, I love them even more. They are just SO versatile. Simple, delicious ingredients. Just like I like my food. I used their green chiles (my FAVE), taco seasoning, and Mini Taco Boats for this recipe. The Mini Taco Boats just so happen to make the absolute BEST chips when deep fried and sprinkled with taco seasoning!! HOW have I not tried that before?? I’m hooked.
Totally! I love the richness of beef in this hot cheese dip, but you can easily make this with ground chicken, turkey or pork if you prefer.
This chili cheese dip is best served hot as soon as it’s made so that the cheese is perfectly bubbly and melty. You can get ahead of things by cooking up the ground beef mixture a day ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge.
This dip has a bit of a kick to it, but it’s not overly spicy. If you like it hotter, then use a spicier taco seasoning or add in some extra cayenne powder.
I love to use mozzarella for the topping as it gets perfectly melty and stringy. Other good melting shredded cheeses can also be used.
This fried chili cheese dip is perfect served up these fried taco boats for dipping, or try it with chips, veggie sticks or anything else scoop-able! I also love it with:
Whatever you use to dip, this recipe is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone who tries it!
It’s hard to find a new favorite dip when you’re addicted like me, but this just might be the winner. I wish I could say it’s healthy…but like I said…everyone deserves a cheat day once in a while! Let National Chip and Dip Day be your cheat day! Or March Madness. Or your bday. Or the Superbowl. Really, any day. This dip is worth it!
If you guys have a favorite dip recipe, leave it in the comments below! I’m ALWAYS on the hunt for new hot dip recipes. I literally can’t get enough.
HAPPY NATIONAL CHIP AND DIP DAY! Enjoy the Fried Chili Cheese Dip Skillet!
More Dip Recipes
- Crockpot Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip (Plus Fruit Board)
- Easy Taco Dip
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!