This Layered Taco Dip is the perfect appetizer for serving up at game day, barbecues, or any time you have a crowd to feed. You can guarantee that everyone will love this crowd-pleasing Easy Taco Dip dip so much so that you’ll probably need a double batch!
Best Taco Dip Recipe
Layered Taco Dip is such a quick and easy recipe that’s full of flavor and is always a crowd favorite. You will not disappoint your party guests with this cheesy dip recipe and you only need five ingredients to make it!
Tip: Top with taco sauce or hot sauce if you’d like to add a spicy kick to your dip.
Why you’ll love this Easy Taco Dip Recipe:
- It’s easy. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the game because this dip is a breeze to make!
- You can make it healthy. You can use veggies for dippers (and we all need to eat more veggies).
- Everyone loves it. You won’t have any leftovers to deal with!
How to Make Layered Taco Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix the softened cream cheese and salsa until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- Layer with lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes; top with a little taco sauce. Serve with sliced raw veggies, chips, or your favorite crackers!
What Extra Toppings Can I Add?
You can include anything that you like on tacos and fajitas.
Try adding black olives, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, bell peppers, fresh chili peppers, jalapenos, and other cheeses such as Mexican blend, Monterrey jack (there are too many to list).
Have fun with this recipe and make it your own!
Can You Heat it Up?
I like to serve Layered Taco Dip cold because I like the textures from the fresh tomatoes and crunch from the lettuce. I think this dip is best served cold.
If you’d like melted cheese you could pop it in the oven (350F) for 5-10 minutes or under the broiler to melt the top layer and then add lettuce and tomatoes when it’s done.
Also, if you’d like to go all out you can add leftover chili as one of the layers. If you do that, you’ll probably want to serve it hot, so heat it in the oven until piping hot all the way through then add the lettuce and tomatoes on top to keep the delicious textures!
Game Day is covered!
101+ Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
If its game day grub you crave, we have all the recipes you need to win big! Check out our easy Super Bowl recipes (or World Series, March Madness, National Championship, you get the idea!)
What Should I Serve with Layered Taco Dip?
I love to serve this dip with tortilla chips, but you can use any kind of chip you prefer. You can also serve it with crackers or some veggie sticks such as sliced carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Tip: When I’m serving this for guests, I like to put out several bowls of veggies and chips so everyone can choose their favorites!
- You can easily make this taco dip in advance and store it in the fridge for up to a day in advance before serving.
- I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
- Serve with whatever chips and veggies you like.
- Feel free to add extra layers with your favorite dips, veggies, and taco toppings.
- Leftovers will store well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- If you’re feeding a large crowd, I recommend doubling the recipe!
More Dip Recipes to Try:
More Easy Appetizers You Might Like:
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese and Pecans
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hot Onion Dip
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!