Honey Chicken serves up crispy fried chicken morsels in a lip smacking, sweet honey sauce! Perfect for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Chicken
It really is so easy to whip up this restaurant favorite in your own kitchen! Tender chunks of chicken in a crispy batter, slathered in a sweet and savory honey sauce. This easy chicken recipe rivals take-out any day of the week, it’s a new favorite in our house!
Why You’ll love this Crispy Honey Chicken Recipe:
- Crispy: The chicken is coated with flour and pan-fried to crispy golden perfection!
- Sweet and Savory: The homemade honey garlic sauce is the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
- Easy: Whipped up in the skillet, this easy dinner comes together so easily!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that this is a copycat recipe for an existing product. PF Chang’s is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
If you love orange chicken, you will love this flavor-packed honey chicken!
How to Make Honey Chicken
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Using a large bowl, coat your chicken in the batter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Fry your chicken pieces in a skillet with oil, then set aside.
- Heat your honey sauce in the skillet, then add the chicken back in and coat.
- Serve over rice.
This honey chicken recipe is based on PF Chang’s Crispy Honey Chicken, which is a dish of battered and fried chicken pieces in a sweet honey sauce.
Honey chicken is not the same thing as orange chicken. Honey chicken is sweet with notes of soy sauce and ginger, while orange chicken is a bit spicier with a strong citrus flavor.
Yes, you can! I recommend using boneless, skinless thighs and cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
If you can’t find fresh ginger, use 1¼ teaspoons of ground ginger in its place.
To make honey chicken spicier, add the optional ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Serve this chicken with rice or noodles for a hearty meal. You can also add a variety of sides for a feast. Here are some favorites:
The easy homemade honey sauce is so delicious, you’ll want to use it on everything and anything!
Store leftover honey chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I recommend freezing the chicken and the sauce separately for the best results. Freeze the cooked chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 months, and freeze the sauce in a Ziplock bag. Allow the chicken and sauce to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating and tossing together.
Honey Chicken Tips
- You can use apple cider vinegar instead of rice vinegar.
- Make sure to thoroughly preheat your pan before cooking the chicken. This will allow the chicken to crisp on the outside, and it will prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan.
- If the chicken is sticking to the pan, don’t force it. Wait for the chicken to naturally release.
- If unable to safely transfer the oil, heat the honey sauce ingredients in a separate small saucepan. Once thickened, combine the chicken and sauce in a separate bowl.
More Fried Recipes We Love
- St. Louis Style Toasted Ravioli
- Fried Hush Puppies
- Mini Fried Taco Pizza Pockets
- Deep Fried Turkey Breast
Crispy chicken in the most delectable honey garlic sauce, this easy chicken recipe will satisfy anyone’s savory cravings! It all comes together easily in the skillet, with minimal clean-up, perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
More Skillet Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- BLT Chicken and Rice Skillet
- One Pot Dijon Mustard Chicken with Bacon
- Enchilada Stuffed Chicken Breast
- French Onion Chicken Skillet
- Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Chicken
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.