Free up your oven this Thanksgiving and make your sweet potato casserole in your Instant Pot. Ready to serve in 30 minutes, creamy mashed sweet potatoes are topped with marshmallows and pecans.
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
If you are in the middle of planning your Thanksgiving menu, then this Instant Pot sweet potato casserole needs to be on your list!
Cooking this classic side dish is so effortless in the Instant Pot and I love that it frees up valuable space in your oven on the big day.
Topped with marshmallows, it’s perfectly sweet and complete with a crunchy pecan topping.
Be sure to try my Sweet Potato Rolls and Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes too!
Why You’ll Love this Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:
- QUICK: Making this side dish is so much quicker in the Instant Pot!
- ONE POT: All made in the pressure cooker, even the clean up is a breeze!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This recipe easily serves 6 and the leftovers are pretty great too!
A classic sweet potato casserole is so quick and easy to cook in the Instant Pot and the results are so perfect!
How to Make Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the sweet potatoes on a trivet in the Instant Pot with water.
- Cook on high.Scoop the flesh from the sweet potato skins and mash.
- Add the butter and seasonings to the Instant Pot on saute.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, egg and cream and mix well.
- Top with the marshmallows and cover.Top with pecans to serve.
A 6 quart Instant Pot is best for this recipe. If you have a larger model you can double the recipe.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this recipe also works great in a slow cooker! Check out my Crockpot sweet potato casserole for full step by step instructions.
You can make this ahead of time and reheat it in the oven to serve. Place the seasoned sweet potatoes into a casserole dish and top with the marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in an oven at 360F, covered with foil, til warmed through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Yes, this freezes well. Don’t add the marshmallows or toppings and freeze in a covered casserole dish. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
This Instant Pot sweet potato casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving, serve it up with your other favorites like…
This is such a great method to cook a classic sweet potato casserole. So much quicker and teh results are extra delicious!
All the Tips and Tricks
How to Cook Thanksgiving Turkey!
Everything you need to know for Thanksgiving entertaining.
- If making ahead of time, let cool fully before storing.
- Pecans are traditionally used, but walnuts work great too for the topping.
- You can keep the casserole warm in the Instant Pot for up to one hour.
Take the stress out of cooking a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with this recipe! I guarantee that it’ll be a hit!
Can I use canned sweet potatoes?
Yes you can. Canned sweet potatoes won’t need to be peeled, but they’ll still need to be cooked through to mash.
Can I substitute yams for sweet potatoes?
Yams are more starchy than sweet potatoes, they are much more like regular potatoes in texture, so they are best avoided for this recipe, though you can use them in a pinch.
Is this casserole gluten free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free so it’s a great option if someone has an intolerance.
More Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes We Love
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon
- Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Roasted Vegetables
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dish Recipes
This holiday season be sure to check out our sides guide for all the recipes plus tips and tricks for entertaining.
This Instant Pot sweet potato recipe is a must have for your Thanksgiving this year! I love that it frees up room in your oven for that delicious roasted turkey!
More Sweet Potato Recipes to Try:
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Sweet Potato Souffle Cups
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.