Cook up the most delicious green bean casserole this Thanksgiving in less than 30 minutes with this easy Instant Pot recipe. Made with fresh green beans, this classic side dish is always a favorite!
Easy Green Bean Casserole
I don’t know about you, but I’m always struggling with oven space during Thanksgiving – so much too cook! Luckily I’ve masted how to cook the most perfect green bean casserole in the pressure cooker to free up some extra room!
Fresh green beans are cooked in a mushroom soup and topped with crispy onions for a veggie side dish that everyone will love!
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot Casserole Recipe:
- QUICK: Simple to prep and quick to cook, this green bean casserole is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
- ONE POT: Because this dish is all cooked in the pressure cooker, even the clean up is a breeze!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This recipe will easily serve 6, plus the leftovers are extra delicious!
This classic green bean casserole comes out so well in the Instant Pot, and I love that it frees my oven up for the rest of the feast!
How to Make Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the onion in butter in the Instant Pot.
- Add mushrooms and cook til soft.
- Add the garlic and season.
- Stir in the broth and beans and cook for 4 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Bake the fried onions til crisp and browned.
- Mix together flour, parmesan and melted butter in a bowl.
- Stir into the beans and add the soup.
- Transfer to a dish and top with the fried onions.
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dish Recipes
This holiday season be sure to check out our sides guide for all the recipes plus tips and tricks for entertaining.
A 6 quart or larger Instant Pot will work great for this recipe.
For best results, serve this dish close to when it’s cooked so that the green beans stay nice and fresh. You can keep it warm in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes to an hour til you are ready to serve. Leftovers will keep well for 2 to 3 days covered in the fridge.
The best way to reheat this is in the oven in the casserole dish you are going to serve it in. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven at 350F and cook for 15 minutes or so until warmed through.
You can freeze this dish, but it’s best to not add the fried onion topping as this will get soggy. Place the green beans and the creamy sauce into a casserole dish, cover with foil and freeze. Thaw it at room temperature before reheating and adding the onions to serve.
This Instant Pot green bean casserole is the perfect addition to serve at your Thanksgiving dinner. Serve it alongside other favorites like….
- Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Turkey Breast
- Roast Turkey Breast
- Honey Baked Ham (Oven)
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
For me, my Thanksgiving meal is not complete without a classic green bean casserole! This comes out so well, and I love that it makes room in my oven!
All the Tips and Tricks
How to Cook Thanksgiving Turkey!
Everything you need to know for Thanksgiving entertaining.
- The fried onion topping is optional, though it’s a must for me!
- Trim the ends of the green beans, the stalks can be quite woody and stick like.
- For non mushroom lovers, you can substitute the mushroom soup with condensed cream of chicken soup.
This came out so good! I promise you everyone will be asking for this recipe!
Can I use canned or frozen green beans?
I prefer to use fresh beans, but you can use canned or frozen if you have then to hand – I find that frozen yield better results than canned. If using frozen, thaw them first by running them under cold water before using.
Can I use homemade cream of mushroom soup instead?
I love the convenience of using canned condensed mushroom soup for this dish, as it’s just the right consistency. You can use homemade, but make sure it’s thick so that you don’t have a watery casserole.
More Holiday Side Dish Recipes We Love
- Cheesy Roasted Vegetables
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- Cheesy Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
This Instant Pot green bean casserole is one delicious recipe! Simple to make and so quick, this one is a keeper!
More Thanksgiving Casserole Recipes to Try:
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Loaded Green Bean Casserole
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.