Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is the ULTIMATE comfort food for Fall. It’s like autumn in a casserole dish! This baked mac and cheese with bacon is loaded with cheese, pumpkin, sage, bacon, and more cheese. It’s one of the best macaroni and cheese recipes ever!
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is the answer to all your fall dreams! Baked mac and cheese with bacon and pumpkin…so delicious, you won’t want to stop eating this!
FALL IS HERE! I’ve been waiting patiently for STL to dip below the 80 degree mark and we are finally finally there. Thank you Autumn! With my pale skin and red hair, Summer is not kind to me. I’m more of a scarf and boot kind of chick. Which is maybe why I love pumpkin so much. I want it everything: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin smoothies…even Pumpkin Mac and Cheese!
To celebrate my favorite time of year, I made this AMAZING Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon and Pumpkin! Don’t be scared of the pumpkin, this doesn’t taste like dessert. I think most people associate it with sweeter treats, but it’s super savory and total perfection. It even won over Pat, which is not an easy feat (he was skeptical to say the least when I asked him to open the pumpkin and dump it in).
The end result is an ultra creamy mac and cheese full of all the flavors of fall. Baked Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is like Autumn in a casserole dish!
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is a fall miracle! Baked mac and cheese with bacon and pumpkin…you’re going to fall in love with this recipe!
Baked Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Ingredients
This Pumpkin Mac and Cheese with Bacon wouldn’t be as creamy and dreamy without MILK! I’ve partnered with REAL® Seal to encourage cooking with dairy and getting the word out about all its many nutritional benefits. Milk is such a great source of calcium, potassium, and vitamin D, not to mention protein and tons of other vitamins. Real® Seal makes it easy to identify products made from US-only cows milk. Can’t be replicated!
My favorite milk brand is Friendly Farms, found at Aldi. It’s Real® Seal and Hardin family approved! Since Halloween is just around the corner, I thought this Fall themed twist on a classic would be right up everyone’s alleys. Serve up a big dish of this baked mac and cheese, get your costume on, and enjoy this nice weather!
What else is in this Pumpkin Mac and Cheese?
- Macaroni Noodles
- Fontina Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heavy Cream
And of course a few other simple things to finish off the recipe and make this the tastiest macaroni and cheese recipe ever!
Find more delicious and easy Pumpkin Recipes to make this fall season!
Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon
I LOVE macaroni and cheese. It’s a total classic that really can’t be beat. There are the simple, quick recipes for macaroni and cheese, and then there are the more creative and fun mac and cheese recipes. There is a time and place for all of them, and the time for pumpkin mac and cheese is now! This baked mac and cheese with bacon is just too good. I want to serve it every night, but I’ll try to resist from overdoing it.
How to Make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
This isn’t a 15 minute recipe for macaroni and cheese, but 30-40 minutes ain’t so bad either. And it’s worth the extra time to cook in all that flavor! Pumpkin, bacon, bread crumbs, and loooots of cheese all baked together in a casserole dish. I love how cheesy and creamy this recipe turns out, and the pumpkin and bacon add so much savoriness to it.
Recommended Products to make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
You won’t believe how much creaminess the pumpkin adds to this family favorite. Just the right touch of something extra to take a recipe from great to amazing. You guys know I love my cheese, but now I love pumpkin and cheese together thanks to this baked mac and cheese with bacon.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese. Enjoy!
If you like this baked mac and cheese recipe, try some more fave macaroni and cheese recipes:
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mexican Mac and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese recipe
- Loaded Chili Macaroni and Cheese
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is the ULTIMATE comfort food for Fall. It's like autumn in a casserole dish! This baked mac and cheese with bacon is loaded with cheese, pumpkin, sage, bacon, and more cheese. It's one of the best macaroni and cheese recipes ever!
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 cups elbow macaroni cooked according to package instructions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups 2% Milk I love Friendly Farms Brand
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped. (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place bacon on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until very crispy. Allow to drain on a paper towel and then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- When done with the bacon, switch the oven to 350F.
- In a medium/large saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. Once fully melted, add the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir (constantly) to combine.
- Pour in the milk and cream slowly, whisking constantly while you add. Allow to thicken, continuing to stir, until bubbly.
- Add in the cheese one cup at a time, stirring to melt before adding the second cup. Stir in the pumpkin and sage.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the cooked pasta, stirring to combine. Stir in the bacon crumbles, reserving some for garnish if desired.
- In a separate small bowl, combine panko, parmesan, and olive oil.
- Pour the macaroni into a large baking dish, pressing down slightly with your spoon to make the top level.
- Pour the panko mixture over the noodles, covering the entire top. Sprinkle with extra sage if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until everything is hot and bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with extra bacon if you're feeling sassy.