Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect holiday breakfast recipe for fall! It’s super easy to make cinnamon rolls from scratch with this recipe. I love these for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any weekend morning that calls for a special breakfast. And of course they’re amazing for dessert too!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the only breakfast you should be making on Thanksgiving morning. Christmas gets all the best holiday breakfast recipes, but pumpkin was made for Thanksgiving. Make cinnamon rolls from scratch for the fall season!
Did you guys know I like pumpkin? After sharing a No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Brownies, and a million other pumpkin recipes this fall, you probably noticed that I’m a little obsessed. How could I not be?
These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorite recipes. There’s plenty of pumpkin desserts for the holiday season, but I needed an easy pumpkin breakfast recipe too. You have to start those big days off with something delicious, so why not make it pumpkin? This cinnamon roll recipe was MADE for Thanksgiving I’m telling ya! I made these cinnamon rolls from scratch and it was still really simple. That’s a good recipe!
I can’t wait to make these for my next holiday breakfast. I know everyone will devour them, especially since they’re topped with cream cheese frosting. YUM!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast or dessert recipe. But I’d eat these any time of year!
Cinnamon Rolls From Scratch
Making cinnamon rolls from scratch has never been easier! I’m still surprised by how simple it was to make these amazing pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Making anything from scratch seems complicated, but if I can make these, you can too. Prep time is relatively short, as is baking time. The most time-consuming part is letting the dough rise, but that’s a totally hands off part of the process.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
These tasty pumpkin cinnamon rolls are made with some amazing ingredients! Of course you can expect everything pumpkin (pumpkin pie spice & pumpkin puree) and all of the typical baking ingredients. And then there’s the pumpkin filling: canned pumpkin, dark brown sugar, honey roasted pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and butter. Yum! Basically, there’s pumpkin in every part of this cinnamon roll recipe. You’re going to love it.
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Making pumpkin cinnamon rolls from scratch is going to be a breeze, I promise! Start by making the dough, give it some time to rise, make the pumpkin filling, then assemble it all and bake. Top them off with your favorite cream cheese frosting and you’ve got the perfect holiday breakfast!
Here’s a quick overview of the recipe (full recipe is in the card below):
- Combine the dough ingredients to create the cinnamon roll dough.
- Shape the dough into one large ball and place it in a greased bowl. Then cover the bowl with a dish towel, place it somewhere warm, and let the dough rise for about an hour.
- While the dough rises, make the pumpkin filling by combining ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough has had time to rise, roll it out on a floured surface into a rectangle.
- Spread the pumpkin filling over the dough and sprinkle on brown sugar and pecans.
- Now roll up the dough into a jelly roll shape, and cut it into 12 slices.
- Place the rolls on a prepared baking pan, cover with a towel, and let them rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake pumpkin cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes at 375°F.
- Once they are finished baking, let them cool and then top them with cream cheese frosting.
These things are sooooo good. They’re going to take any morning from good to great in no time!
Recommended Products to make these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
I told you making pumpkin cinnamon rolls from scratch would be easy enough! I’m a little bit obsessed with these, and I know you’ll love them too. Make your Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings extra special with this holiday breakfast recipe.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these other tasty breakfast recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread Recipe
- Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Baked Pumpkin Pie Chimichangas
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Bites
- 3 1/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons Instant Yeast
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped honey roasted pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting for serving
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and the yeast. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the pumpkin, milk, sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Heat over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) on low speed to beat in the egg until combined. Turn to high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the rest of the flour in batches until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased large bowl. Turn the ball to make sure all the sides are greased.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let rise somewhere warm for an hour. It should double in size.
- While the dough rises, prepare the filling.
- In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin and softened butter. Stir in pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out down into a 10x12 inch rectangle.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the dough, leaving 1 inch along one of the long ends uncovered. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and then the pecans.
- Roll up the dough, making a jelly roll shape. Start the roll on the filled long side. Pinch the dough to seal when done. Cut into 12 slices/rolls.
- Place rolls cut side down into the baking pan. Cover with a towel and let rise for 30-60 minutes in a warm place or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving and top with cream cheese icing.