These Bakery Style Cinnamon Rolls are is delicious as they are gorgeous! Big, fluffy with a variety of spoon licking frostings. These are everything!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
There is nothing quite like the sweet scent of homemade rolls baking in the oven. These deliciously spiced clouds of fluffiness are just divine and could adorn any bakery window. Perfect for a breakfast treat or any time treat! Kids will love them too!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
- BAKERY STYLE: These cinnamon rolls really are next level! Big, bold and beautiful!
- EASY CINNAMON ROLLS: Made mainly with pantry staples, these rolls are perfect for novice and seasoned bakers alike.
- AWESOME FROSTINGS: You can keep things simple or top these delicious rolls with a range of frostings.
Tall, fluffy rolls packed with cinnamon – you need to give these beauties a try!
How to Make Bakery Style Cinnamon Rolls
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine your yeast ingredients in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Still using the stand mixer, switch to a dough hook then add the butter and remaining flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover in a damp towel and allow to rise.
- Combine your filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Roll your dough into a rectangle, brush with butter and spread on your filling.
- Roll up the dough, jelly roll style and cut the log into cinnamon rolls
- Place into prepped cupcake tins and bake.
- While the rolls bake, combine the frosting ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Pipe on the cinnamon rolls – enjoy!
These bakery style cinnamon rolls are baked individually in a jumbo muffin tin and topped with a variety of frostings. My classic cinnamon rolls bake in a casserole pan and are drizzled with a sweet vanilla icing. Both are equally delicious!
If your yeast does not froth after standing for 5 minutes, it may be dead or the milk may have been too hot and killed the yeast. To test the temperature of the milk without a thermometer, stick a clean pinky finger halfway into the milk. If you are not able to leave your finger in the milk for at least 5-8 seconds, it is too hot and will kill the yeast.
For less dense, fluffy rolls, use all-purpose flour. For chewy and hearty cinnamon rolls, use bread flour. Or, try half all-purpose flour and half bread flour.
While I haven’t tested a dairy free version of this cinnamon rolls recipe, you could certainly try replacing the milk, butter, and cream cheese with equal amounts of dairy-free alternatives like almond milk and Miyoko’s butter and brick-style cream cheese.
Make Ahead Instructions
This dough can be prepared up to a day in advance. To make this bakery style cinnamon roll dough ahead of time, make the dough through step 6. Cover the bowl of dough tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until fully risen, about 8-10 hours. When ready to assemble and bake, remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 10 minutes. This will make the dough easier to roll. Continue with the recipe as written.
Store leftover cinnamon rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These cinnamon rolls freeze beautifully! For best results, individually wrap unfrosted rolls in plastic wrap and place into an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and heat before icing and serving.
Tip for Perfect Cinnamon Rolls
- Use room temperature ingredients as they will be easier to mix and allow for optimal yeast activity.
- The dough is properly mixed when it is pulling away from the sides of the mixing bowl and the dough is tacky, but not sticky.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls immediately after slicing. If the rolls rise for an additional amount of time, they will overflow and stick together when they bake.
- Filling: For a little crunch, add up to ½ cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit to the filling.
- Frosting: Use your favorite spices, flavorings, or extracts to mix up the frosting! Two other delicious options to try are adding a splash of orange flavoring or a pinch of ground cinnamon.
More Homemade Bread Recipes We Love
These bakery style cinnamon rolls tick all the bakery boxes! Fluffy, tall, packed with cinnamon and frosted with delectable toppings. They’re great for breakfast, coffee mornings, bake sales or just as a treat after a busy week!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Cheesy Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!