There are Jello shots, and there are Jello shots–you know? Some just stand out more than others. And let me tell you, this Jello shot recipe is the BEST for all of your fall parties! These Pumpkin Pie Shots are tasty, fun, and easy… perfect for Thanksgiving or Halloween.
Pumpkin Jello Shot Recipe
I’m all about having a fun cocktail treat for every occasion. Whether it’s a classic cocktail, a party punch, or something totally different, every party needs a little something. This Pumpkin Pie Jello Shot Recipe definitely falls into the “something totally different” category, but they’re also totally fun.
I just love this idea. The shots look like little tiny pumpkin pies (soooo cute!), and they’re packed with the perfect punch. You can use rum or vodka for this recipe– whichever you prefer. I think everyone will be delighted to see these at your next get together.
Pumpkin Pie Shots are the perfect Halloween treat, and they would be so fun for Thanksgiving too. The little pie crusts house the pumpkin jello, and they are just delicious!
Make this adorable, fun, and delicious Pumpkin Pie Jello Shot recipe for your Thanksgiving or Halloween party. They’re the best jello shots for fall!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Adorable and festive: Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots look just like mini pumpkin pies! You’ll be the hit of the event when you bring these shots in. Seriously: they’re too cute for words.
- Deliciously brimming with pumpkin flavor: The pumpkin pie mix, the pie crust and the whipped cream on top will make you think you just took a bite of pumpkin pie.
- Classy: Typical Jello shots are served in those flimsy plastic cups. Why settle for that when this recipe offers a real pie crust and a custardy pie filling? Tres chic!
- Premade refrigerated pie crust
- Unflavored gelatin powder
- Canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup rum or vodka
- Whipping cream
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
How to Make Jello Shots (Pumpkin Flavor)
I used pie crust in a mini muffin tin to make these perfect little Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots. It worked like a charm! Plus, using actual pie crust makes them taste even more like pumpkin pie. Yum! By far the best jello shots ever, and so fun to make!
- Cut pie dough into small circles. I used a skinny drinking glass to press into the dough and make my circles. Use something that is about the size of the mini muffin pan holes.
- Fit the dough circles into the muffin tin, and bake according to the package instructions. Set them aside to cool once they’re done.
- Pour water into a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin packets over the water, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Combine the pumpkin pie filling and sugar in a pan and bring the mixture to a simmer; turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Mix in the rum/vodka (your choice), heavy cream, and water.
- Now pour the gelatin mixture into the pie crusts, and let them set in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top before serving to jazz it up a little!
How Long Does it Take to Make Jello Shots?
Overall, it doesn’t take long to make Jello shots. Prep time is about 20 minutes or so, and these are really easy. However, Jello shots need time to set and that’s where the time comes into play!
They need at least 8 hours in the refrigerator to fully set, so I recommend making them the day before and storing them overnight.
How long do Jello shots last?
Typically Jello shots will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week or so.
What Kind of Pumpkin Should You Use?
Since you’re essentially making a pumpkin pie, look for canned pumpkin pie filling (also called pumpkin pie mix). It has everything you need for a pie: pumpkin puree, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger), and sweetener.
In the baking aisle, you’ll also find solid pack pumpkin (also called pure pumpkin puree). It is just cooked and pureed pumpkin. Many people who make pumpkin pie like to use the solid-pack pumpkin and then add their own spice blend and sweetener.
For this recipe, it’s much easier to use pumpkin pie filling–it saves several steps and tastes wonderful!
These mini pumpkin pie shots are the best Jello shots for Thanksgiving and Halloween, but they’re just as fun all year round!
Watch the video for details on how to make these Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots. Enjoy!
More favorite Pumpkin recipes!
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Crumble
- Pumpkin Pie Punch
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna