This RUBY RED GRAPEFRUIT AND SAGE PALOMA makes me think of being on vacation. No better refreshment! This simple cocktail just screams summer. A little slice of heaven.
There’s not much better than sipping a simple cocktail (or mocktail!) in the summer heat. I love hanging out with Pat and Scout on our new deck, enjoying our first summer as a married couple! (But not Dill. We used to let him on the deck and would put up a baby gate. Until the night he heard fireworks and BOLTED! We were all in tears. Never again) This easy little drink is the perfect sip for celebrating family and friends.
I love a good margarita, and this drink is such a fun spin on a similar taste. I recently had a Paloma at a local Mexican restaurant, and knew I had to recreate it at home. Grapefruit juice + Tequila. Yum. Add some sage and some grapefruit soda…perfection. Don’t these colors just scream summer? I think so. Bright, cheery, and delicious. Total yum.
Delicious Ruby Red Grapefruit and Sage Paloma.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 8 oz bottle grapefruit soda (optional)
- 1/4 cup good quality tequila (optional)
- fresh sage leaves
- sugar for rim
- pink or ruby red grapefruit slices for garnish
- Combine grapefruit juice, club soda, grapefruit soda, and tequila. Stir to combine well.
- Take a grapefruit slice and rub around the rim of the glass. Turn glass upside down and dip in sugar (I used a combination of pearl sugar and crystallized sugar)
- Place 6-8 sage leaves in the bottom of each glass, top with ice, and then pour in drink.
- Garnish with grapefruit slices