This delicious sloppy Joe casserole is perfect for a tasty weeknight meal. This beef and pasta bake is perfectly cheesy and it’s so simple to make!
Cheesy Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
Dinner just got delicious with this yummy casserole!
All the flavors of your favorite sloppy Joe recipe in the form of a pasta casserole, what’s not to love?!
Simple to make and hearty and filling, this is a great family weeknight meal that everyone will love.
Why you’ll love this Sloppy Joe Casserole:
- EASY: This is a super simple recipe made with basic ingredients. It takes no more than 20 minutes to make before it gets baked in the oven.
- KID FRIENDLY: This is a great dish that your kids will love. Seasoned beef, pasta and cheese, what’s not to love?!
- MAKE AHEAD: Be sure to make a double batch because the left overs are delicious!
How to make Sloppy Joe Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the onion until softened and add in the garlic.
- Add in the ground beef and brown.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, simmer and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in the chicken broth.
- Add beef back to the pan and stir in some of the cheese.
- Place the mixture into a dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cooked through.
How long does it keep?
This sloppy joe casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, and the leftovers are delicious! Reheat in the oven at 300F, covered with foil, until warmed through. You can also microwave it for around 4 minutes on a high heat.
Can you freeze it?
Yes, this makes for a great freezer meal and will keep for around 3 months. You can freeze it baked or unbaked. Make sure it is cooled fully before placing in a freezer bag.
If unbaked, thaw in the fridge overnight before cooking as per instructions. If already baked, thaw and reheat in the oven.
What do you serve it with?
This pasta and beef casserole is perfect to serve by itself, or with a side of veggies. It also works great with some garlic bread. Try it with:
- Cook the pasta just less than al dente as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Feel free to add in extra veggies, mushrooms and bell peppers are great additions!
- I like to use bow tie pasta in this dish, but any short pasta will work well.
This sloppy Joe casserole is such a great weeknight meal, and if you have a smaller family, the leftovers are great to enjoy over the next couple of days. Can’t wait to hear what you think!
More Casserole Recipes we Love
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Pepperoni Pierogy Casserole
- Mashed Potato Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!