Hearty and comforting Stuffed Pepper Soup is loaded with savory flavor! Easily turn everything you love about traditional stuffed peppers into this boldly spiced and delicious homemade soup.
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
If you’re a fan of my favorite Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers, you’re absolutely going to LOVE this soup! I routinely turn to stuffed peppers for a healthy yet filling dinner recipe – they’re low carb, easy to make, and my whole family enjoys them. This recipe features the same great flavors as classic stuffed peppers, in soup form!
With tons of protein to keep you full and plenty of fresh veggies, this comfort food recipe is healthy, too. Serve bell pepper soup with Homemade Dinner Rolls to soak up every last drop of savory broth!
Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe:
- FILLING: I love soup recipes that have protein and substance to them. This soup is made with 2 kinds of meat, so it’s a wonderful and filling dinner option for chilly nights.
- HEALTHY: Made with protein and a variety of peppers, this soup is low carb and naturally gluten/dairy free.
- EASY: There aren’t any complicated steps or hours of prep, so stuffed pepper soup is a simple and delicious weeknight dinner option!
Each bowl of stuffed pepper soup is warm, cozy, and bursting with flavor – the perfect comfort food for chilly winter nights!
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the meats.
- Cook the veggies.
- Add everything to a large pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like fresh cilantro and shredded cheese.
Instead of ground chuck and pork sausage, use 2 pounds of your favorite meats. Ground beef, turkey, chicken, or even a plant-based alternative are great options.
To make this soup vegetarian, use plant-based meats or beans instead of the meat, vegetable broth, and vegetable bouillon cubes.
Let the soup completely cool to room temperature, place it into airtight containers, and freeze for up to 3 months.
While this soup is a meal all on it’s own, homemade bread is always a welcome addition to soup night. Try stuffed pepper soup with:
Don’t forget the toppings! I love topping my bowl of soup with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Use any combination of your favorite bell peppers. For even more color, add an orange bell pepper to the mix!
- Bouillon cubes and broth add flavor and saltiness, so taste the soup before adding additional seasonings.
- Reheat stuffed pepper soup in a pot on the stove for best tasting leftovers!
Are you hungry for this stuffed pepper soup yet? I know I am!
What kind of rice should I use?
For best results, use a quick-cooking brown rice. If using microwaveable rice packets, heat the rice according to the package instructions and stir the cooked rice into the soup prior to serving.
How can I make this soup spicier?
To increase the spiciness, add a little chili powder or more red pepper flakes.
What toppings go well with stuffed pepper soup?
Sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, fresh cilantro or parsley, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, tortilla chips, or crushed crackers are all delicious topping options.
More Easy Dinner Recipes We Love
Comforting, flavorful, and filling stuffed pepper soup is a must-try dinner recipe!
More Homemade Soup Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Swedish Meatball Soup
- Shepherd’s Pie Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Italian Wedding Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.