Sweet Potato Casserole is a Thanksgiving classic that should be on every holiday table. This sweet, creamy casserole is made with a crunchy pecan topping, adding the perfect mix of textures. Learn how to make sweet potato casserole for every holiday, and you can even make this easy recipe ahead of time to cut down on prep time. Everyone will love this Thanksgiving side dish!
Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole is a Thanksgiving classic, and this crunchy pecan-topped casserole is super easy and super tasty!
Here is another SUPER easy casserole recipe that’s perfect for any family gathering. Sweet Potato Casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving dish, but why stop there? I think it would be great for Christmas and other holidays too. I like that this recipe isn’t sticky. The sweets stay on top, and the sweet potato is warm and creamy on bottom. And the crunchy topping with the sweetness of the brown sugar is really a perfect combination.
This Make Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole can be made ahead of time to make your holiday preparations easy! Just follow the recipe and store in the refrigerator, then reheat it when you’re ready to eat. This recipe really couldn’t be simpler, and making it the day before just adds to the ease of holiday cooking.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping is the perfect mix of sweet, creamy, and crunchy. This recipe needs to be on every Thanksgiving and Christmas table, but it’s just as good to eat all throughout fall and winter.
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping is a Thanksgiving classic. Make this easy casserole recipe for every holiday meal!
Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
This recipe is soooo good. I love the mix of the creamy sweet potato with the sweet and crunchy pecan topping. It creates one tasty side dish that everyone will devour. The crunchy topping is a mixture of brown sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. It had the perfect flavor and really adds something to this easy sweet potato casserole!
Make Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole
This make ahead sweet potato casserole is the perfect easy holiday recipe. I made this the night before and reheated it when we were ready to eat. It made things so much easier since I didn’t have to make the whole thing right before the big meal. Along with my make ahead mashed potatoes and make ahead turkey gravy, holiday meals can really be hassle free!
- Make the casserole according to instructions, without baking.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, bake the casserole for 40 minutes at 350°F.
How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole
If you don’t know how to make sweet potato casserole, then you’re in the right place. The full recipe is detailed below, but it really couldn’t be easier. This easy casserole recipe is so perfect for holidays because you can make it without hassle and have a delicious dish ready to serve!
How to make sweet potato casserole:
- Heat the sweet potatoes on the stove & bring to a boil
- After you boil the potatoes, drain them & mash them into butter
- Add the sugar, salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla & mix well
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and heat in a separate saucepan
- Pour the topping over the sweet potatoes but do not mix together (this creates the crunchy top to the casserole)
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350°F
Recommended Products to make this Sweet Potato Casserole
How long can you keep a sweet potato casserole?
You can store a sweet potato casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Can you freeze a sweet potato casserole?
You can freeze a sweet potato casserole for later use, but follow these tips to make it the best it can be after freezing:
- Make the casserole without the topping to freeze. When you’re ready to eat the casserole, reheat it and make the crunchy pecan topping fresh to add on top.
- Let the casserole cool to room temperature before freezing.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly over the casserole, then wrap a layer of aluminum foil on top.
- Freeze the casserole for up to 1 month.
This sweet potato casserole with pecan topping is the perfect holiday side dish. It’s a Thanksgiving classic that should be on every table. And since it’s so easy to make ahead of time, you can start preparing the day before to make your holiday meal hassle-free!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping. Enjoy!
Try these recipes to complete your holiday meal:
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast recipe
- Turkey Stuffing recipe
- Sweet Potato Souffle Cups
- Corn Pudding Recipe
- Dinner Rolls from Scratch
- Crockpot Pecan Pie
FIND ALL THE RECIPES YOU NEED WITH MY EASY HOLIDAY RECIPES E-BOOK. OVER 130 RECIPES FROM APPETIZERS TO SIDE DISHES TO DESSERTS AND MORE. GET IT RIGHT HERE!