Corn Pudding is a classic holiday side dish recipe. Your holiday table isn’t complete without CLASSIC CORN PUDDING! This delicious side dish is the perfect complement for Thanksgiving foods such as turkey and greens or Christmas favorites, especially ham. YUM!
Can I admit something?? I’ve never had corn pudding. I KNOW. Can you believe that?! I didn’t know what I was missing. Something about the words corn and pudding that just don’t go together in my mind. Regardless of that, this classic recipe is a must make for the holidays.
It pairs beautifully with Turkey and Stuffing at Thanksgiving and Ham and all the fixins at Christmas. Its a simple and delicious recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser on any holiday table. Its comforting, EASY, pretty, and so delicious! Classic Corn Pudding for the WIN!
Whether you call this Corn Pudding or Corn Souffle, it’s delicious either way. It’s got a creamy component but also the full corn kernels, which I really like. Sometimes the simple recipes are the best for the holidays. I have a tendency to try to dress up and change all the recipes of old, but this one is great just how it is.
We thought about adding some bacon, and although that’d be delicious, I don’t think it needs it. These flavors just go so well together on their own, they’re all you need for the perfect side dish.
Make your Mama proud with this Classic Corn Pudding. You can’t go wrong. It compliments so many flavors and is just right for any holiday spread.
See the recipe card below for full details on How to make Corn Pudding. Enjoy!
Corn Pudding Recipe
Corn Pudding is a classic holiday side dish recipe. Your holiday table isn't complete without CLASSIC CORN PUDDING! This delicious side dish is the perfect complement for Thanksgiving foods such as turkey and greens or Christmas favorites, especially ham. YUM!
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled, optional
- Garnish: chopped fresh herb s; parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9x9 or 1½ quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and melted butter.
- While whisking, add sugar mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Add corn (and bacon, if using) and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into sprayed baking dish and bake at 350°F just until set in the middle and golden brown, 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with your favorite herb.