You can cook this INSTANT POT TURKEY BREAST in under an hour and be ready for Thanksgiving! This Instant Pot Turkey is so tender, juicy, and amazing Cannot believe it’s so easy.
I am SO obsessed with my new Instant Pot. Like…SO obsessed. It’s so easy to use, unbelievably quick (some might say…instant lol), and affordable. It just might be my new favorite kitchen appliance. I’ve been practicing lots of recipes and how to adapt them into Instant Pot favorites (like this Apple Pie Oatmeal…I DIE), and this Instant Pot Turkey Breast is just the tip of the iceberg. I never thought I’d be using a pressure cooker (let’s be honest, I never thought I’d be using anyyyyything in the kitchen) but, I’m hooked. Have you tried it? Thanksgiving is just the time to jump into the deep end and wow your guests!
I’m the girl that ALWAYS buys a turkey for Thanksgiving. In years past, we have tried turkeys here and there and they always ended up being more trouble than they were worth. We would cook them too long and accidentally make them dry. Or we wouldn’t cook them long enough and I was so paranoid about poisoning my loved ones. The time and effort was just overwhelming, and we would opt to head down to our local Honey Baked Ham instead.
Well now I have a new easy recipe for Turkey Day thanks to this Pressure Cooker Turkey breast. It’s virtually fool proof and in about an hour we had super tender, juicy, AMAZING turkey. You can choose to add stuffing or not, buy bone in or not…the options are all up to you. This recipe will be our go-to from now on!
This recipe for Instant Pot Turkey is part of a series coming your way asap with all of our favorite easy Thanksgiving recipes. Be sure to check back later for our Classic Turkey Stuffing, Make Ahead Gravy, Spiked Cranberry Sauce, Oatmeal Molasses Rolls, Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes, and Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie! A crazy good Thanksgiving Feast that doesn’t require slaving away all day in the kitchen. You deserve to enjoy the holidays as well Mama! (or Papa)
You can cook this INSTANT POT TURKEY BREAST in under an hour and be ready for Thanksgiving! This Instant Pot Turkey is so tender, juicy, and amazing Cannot believe it's so easy.
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
4 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 (7½-8 pound) whole turkey breast, thawed. I use Butterball, all white
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- (*Note: If fresh herbs are unavailable, use dried herbs: 1 teaspoon each of sage & thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary and 2 teaspoons parsley)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium or unsalted chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, washed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Set the Instant Pot trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
- Remove the turkey breast from the packaging and set the gravy packet aside.
- Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, sage, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Rub the butter mixture all over the outside of the turkey, under the skin and inside the rib cavity.
- Place the turkey, large cavity side up. Pour the chicken broth inside and around the outside of the turkey. Scatter the chopped onion, carrots and celery around the turkey. (*Note: the turkey can be stuffed with stuffing/dressing, but if not doing so, place some of the vegetables inside the cavity, too.)
- Set the Instant Pot lid in place and seal/lock the lid. Close the vent.
- Cook on manual HIGH for 1 hour. Allow pressure to release naturally and wait for the pressure pin to drop before opening. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure pin has dropped, it is safe to open the Instant Pot.
- Remove the turkey by lifting the Instant Pot trivet, set the turkey in a large bowl, and allow it to cool enough to handle. Reserve the turkey juices/drippings for making gravy *see note. When turkey has cooled enough, set the turkey on a cutting board, remove the meat from the bones and slice. Transfer sliced turkey to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- *Note: If not using Make Ahead Gravy, the cooking liquid/turkey drippings can be used for the gravy. Strain the cooking liquid and vegetables over a large bowl to reserve the liquid. Set the Instant Pot to sauté and pour the turkey gravy back into the pot. Add the gravy packet and whisk until smooth. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Season to taste.
- **Note: If not using the turkey drippings/liquid for gravy, strain it over a large bowl to reserve the liquid. Season to taste. It is essentially turkey broth, so freeze it to use in other recipes.